and that nothing is stopping you...

and that nothing is stopping you...

A Poem by Kaden Elias Sylvers

The best possible thing you can do with your life is be as strange as you can possibly be, all the while doing whatever you feel like doing, whenever you feel like doing, and nothing anyone says will matter. and nothing is embarassing if you're confident. And to be weird is a way of life. And that there is nothing stopping you.

 

The way the wind shuffles when it's dark outside.  When faeries and goblins march the street hand in hand, unarmed.  And that the world is the lightest when it's dark outside.  And I don't give a damn what you think.

 

This is the rain.  Not rain but pale hands clinging to telescopes.  When it is raining.  No, when it is raining cats and dogs.  As if cats are any less than dogs because they are cats.  And no one thinks female cats are any different than male cats. 

 

The best possible thing you can do with your life is be happy.  Happy with the way barbed wire juts out of the Universe's skeleton.  Is it the Earth's skeleton? But it is just an illusion.  but the Earth's skin is just a volcano. and nothing is embarassing.  and that monkeys don't get embarassed.

 

And that nothing is stopping you.  You pummel through.  There is no logic to the rhythm.  the fall of the tyrany.  what was it like when the dinasours were alive? that they could never communicate "gender".

 

the relentless rhythm.  creeping and stalking is just a word for obsession. relentless love in the form of pealed oranges on the side of the road.  No one eats the banana peals.

 

but nothing is stopping you.  but nothing is stopping you.  but nothing is stopping you.  so why are you sitting still in your cage?


© 2011 Kaden Elias Sylvers


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on January 23, 2011
Last Updated on January 24, 2011

Author

Kaden Elias Sylvers
Kaden Elias Sylvers

Pittsburgh, PA



About
I'm Kaden. Second shot at this website, only making a new account because I changed my name and couldn't change my url... Anyways I'm a writer and a martial artist. And ftm. Cause I'm awesome like th.. more..

Writing