salt

salt

A Poem by Claire Elise

In a way, I’m envious of the sea.

 Its wide arms stretch open, influencing emotions like a twig fallen to an angry current.

I’m envious of its wholeness.

It is nothing more than a sea and it is nothing less than a sea.

It doesn’t aim to impress, it sits and engulfs its observers in an unquenchable rapture by just being.

 It answers no questions, it has no questions.

Flooding our senses, it whispers to us the key to happiness, love, success, yet is says nothing.

 It dances on all shores of mankind yet exists in easy solitude.

Strong, natural manifestation of power however soft as such that it holds us on the surface, cradling us in the breast of its organic immaculacy.

 I kiss it with my fingers,

hanging down to touch the undomesticated and unobtainable sea,

 praying its chasteness would surge through my veins and make me whole.

  The incessant tug and churn of the waves ripples vividly through my mind

 as I turn away for I know the sea will whisper to me another day. 

© 2016 Claire Elise


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wonderful poem, Claire. I myself love fluid verses about the ocean. It's raw uncontrollable power has always captivated me.
This was an excellent, captivating write about how one can be captivated by the sea.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Vivid imagery that's coupled with eloquent word usage, some of which I wish were used more often. I like the comparison of the sea to purity, selflessness and enlightenment. Thank you for sharing this beautiful piece.

Posted 7 Years Ago


I really thought this was quite deep but easy to grasp, excellently written claire

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 11, 2016
Last Updated on December 11, 2016

Author

Claire Elise
Claire Elise

NC



About
Hi there! My name is Claire. I am a 24 year old self-proclaimed wanderer. Three states in 2 years and just trying to see where life takes me. I enjoy reading and writing (obviously) and I am eager to.. more..