Top Winter Spots

Top Winter Spots

A Story by Clarwin Schwinn
"

When summer ends, the cold winter season is fast approaching. Usually, we just stay home to get safe or to guard our houses against the slam of the strong wind and heavy snow fall.

"
When summer ends, the cold winter season is fast approaching. Usually, we just stay home to get safe or to guard our houses against the slam of the strong wind and heavy snow fall. We usually prepare our chimneys, store our outdoor furniture or putting above ground pool covers to make sure that the pool is safe.

         But there are some people who would want their winter to still be exciting and full of adventure as always. They try many activities during the coldest of this season and still create fun all day long.

         If you are interested in going out this winter, you may consider the list below. They can give you several clues on where to go or what to do to make your cold season fun and thrilling.

10. Lake Tahoe

           Lake Tahoe is one of the most known winter fun spot for a many years now. It is located at west of Carson City, border of California and Nevada. You could do many things in here like skiing, snowboarding, ice skating and a lot more. Not only the activities will amaze you but the superb scenery and ambiance that where you can stay in hotels around the lake.

9. Alaska

           Alaska’s main attraction is their family-friendly vacation activities. Dog sledding is one activity that will surely give enjoyment to the whole family especially the kids. However, activities get disrupted due to too much cold weather. But still, the attractions and activities are very satisfying.

8. Mont Tremblant

This is one place that you should consider when looking for a winter sweet spot because of its 600 acres of land allocated for winter sports. Long distance sports like racing is ideal in this place because of long tracks that they especially created for winter sports.


7. Orlando

           Family bonding will never be better if you spend winter in Orlando, Florida. You can visit the Disney Land and experience great amusement there. During this off peak season, they offer the price into a much lower cost so you can bring your entire family.

5. New England

               New England is actually composed of six cities. You can experience great winter activities and at the same time, see America’s historical sites. You can also visit White Mountain of New Hampshire as well as try try new winter sports in Maine.

4. Wisconsin Dells

               Here, you can have indoor activities at the Great Wolf Lodge or the usual snow games outside. This is a great family bonding because they cater family packages within indoor games and limited activities for children in outdoors.

3. Yellowstone National Park

               Yellowstone does not only open during summer but also during winter. This is against all of misconceptions that this is only a good destination during summer. In fact, they offer learning sessions during this time, open for all ages. You could also stay here with the family because they also have lodging packages.

2. Jukkasjarvi, Sweden

               If you look for somewhere out of the country, you can try Sweden as your winter spot. Their Ice Hotel is their primary attraction made of 30,000 tons of snow and 10,000 tons of ice coming from the river close to the hotel. They also offer winter sports which are available for 21 years and above.

1. Hershey, Pennsylvania

Have you already heard the Candyland? This is located in Hershey Pennsylvania where tourists come during Christmas holidays. You can eat Hershey’s candies all day long all season long. This is really a great bonding with friends and family.

Now, you already got a clue about the coolest destination this winter. Just do not forget to bring your winterizing kit and enjoy your cool vacation.

© 2010 Clarwin Schwinn


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
Added on August 19, 2010
Last Updated on September 8, 2010
Tags: above ground pool covers, winterizing kit, Winter Spots

Author

Clarwin Schwinn
Clarwin Schwinn

Los Angeles, CA



About
Clarwin Schwinn owns a lights and chandeliers' boutique in three different towns in California. Lately, he made an assessment on the best seller among his products and he was able to conclude that the.. more..

Writing