How to Start Your Own Business

How to Start Your Own Business

A Story by Clarwin Schwinn
"

Starting your own business is easy if you have planned really well and studied things ahead of time.

"
It is not essential that you start your business that big or with a big capital, but if you are able to maximize the things at hand, you will definitely earn a lot.

Your business needs not be a product that you sell in the market. It could also be services that you provide and you specialize. If possible, combining services with products is a great source of customers in the market. The more products you sell, the more services you provide when the products need installation or maintenance services.

               Example of this is car parts. Imagine how many parts are there in a car. If you are able to sell one tire, you also get some charges for the installation and possible maintenance in the future. This technique also works in pool decking (installation and maintenance), Computer Services (for parts replacement) and such other business that are in demand.

Know Your Target Customers

               A mentioned above, your business needs not be a product or service alone but any among the two or a combination of both.

               You have to know exactly who are you target buyers or consumers. If you plan to put up a food cart, then you must consider the people around. If they just drop by and go, then it is advisable to have easy to prepare and easy to eat food.

               There are lots of businesses that you can put up. The first thing to do is to know who your target customers are to determine what type of business fits them.

Select the Proper Location

               After determining the perfect business for you as well as the target customers, selecting the right position for the business area is a serious task.

If you plan to be inside the mall, it is costly and you have a lot of competitors. The rent is high, the materials that you use should be of top class and all things should be presentable. You are inside the mall so all eyes is on you.

However, there are great opportunities if you are in the mall. There are many prospect customers and the working ambiance is great.

Just remember that when selecting for the right spot, make sure to consider the people around the place and compute the monthly expenses.

Know Your Abilities

               This is not actually a step when putting up a business. When you already know your abilities, you could use it when you put your own business.

               If you have passion for cooking then why not build a small café or restaurant. If that would cost too much for you, then create a smaller one. There will be a big cut in the starting budget since you do not need to hire a cook anymore.

               If you have talent in on-line games and you are always updated with new technology, then you could put up an online gaming store. Besides, you could not only sell games and gadgets, but it could also be a gadget repair shop at the same time.

               If you know your abilities, you know what to do, where to go and how to do it. Just make sure that you maximize your strength all the time.

Separate the Business Life with the Personal

               Create a list of income and spending separate from any list. It would determine whether the business is growing or not. Your personal expenses should not be tallied with the business’ since your personal life is different from your business.

Improve Persuasion Skills.

               It is hard to sell an intex pool including its related products especially when summer. Just like any other stuff when out of season.

                When you got the proper persuasion and selling skills, even if your goods are off-season, you will never get zeroed. So try to hone your persuasion and selling skills to earn more. Besides, it is a good investment for the business.

               At this juncture, we cannot rely mainly on regular income that we earn. We must look for something long term but stable. So try to risk in your own business now before the right time elapses.  

© 2010 Clarwin Schwinn


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on September 16, 2010
Last Updated on September 16, 2010

Author

Clarwin Schwinn
Clarwin Schwinn

Los Angeles, CA



About
Clarwin Schwinn owns a lights and chandeliers' boutique in three different towns in California. Lately, he made an assessment on the best seller among his products and he was able to conclude that the.. more..

Writing