How to Avoid Frequent Swimming Pool Accidents

How to Avoid Frequent Swimming Pool Accidents

A Story by Clarwin Schwinn
"

Did you know that there are around 385 deaths of 15 years old and below yearly in Florida alone?

"
This is because of swimming pool installation defects, improper maintenance, slippery pool decking  and a lot more. So if you are pools at home or planning to build a swimming pool, make sure that all things are perfect for the safety of family at all times.

               Florida has the most number of swimming pools in America. Unsurprisingly, it has the highest rate of swimming pool accidents that occur every year surpassing California which ranks second. These accidents do not only occur at home but also in water parks, resort and other spots especially during summer.

               The National Safety Commission listed the most causes of swimming pool accidents based on accidents and deaths listed every year. See it thoroughly to be aware and not be victimized.

Slippery Pool Decks

               As the swimming pool age for years in the backyard, the decks also age up to. It becomes more prone to algae and other organisms that would make the floor, walls and decks really slippery. Always maintain the cleanliness of the pool area and put silica to add rough texture to the deck.

Pool Chemicals

               Pool owners often misunderstand the guidelines and procedures on how to store, mix and put the chemicals. These chemicals are poisons and artificial substances that have bad effects if not properly mixed and maintained. Store the chemicals with the proper group away from reach of children and rain.

Electrical Connections

               This is essential in putting the swimming pool in the best condition to be used. There are cases when the wirings are have already been swarmed. It could result to heavy burns and even death. Ground Fault Interrupter must cover the wires to stop the water from penetrating it. Always make sure to secure your lights, electronic accessories and equipment.

Pool Floats

               Most of the accidents happen to children 15 years old and below. These children are the ones who often have pool toys and floats while in the swimming pool. Make sure that you buy your kids only suitable toys for them. Do not let them swim or stay in the pool on their own, they might flip and never get back on top of the float.

Pool Side Accessories

               Pool Slides. Pool slides were listed as the second most accident prone stuff in the pool area. Children are fond of playing in a tall structure and slide down towards water. There are many incidents of serious injuries not only among children but among adults.

               Diving Boards. There are lots of swimming pools that are installed with diving boards without the right depth of water. It results to severe injuries especially in the head and vital parts of the upper body. When planning to have a diving board, make the depth of the pool at least nine feet. At this depth, it is already safe to dive at a medium height of diving board.
               Also put into consideration the landing area. There are cases where the person swimming in the pool got hit by the person diving. The person hit got more serious injury than the person who dived.

               These are only some of the best ways on how to keep your pool very well maintained and safe. Avoiding accidents is the best way to keep safe while staying in the pool area.

© 2010 Clarwin Schwinn


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
Added on September 21, 2010
Last Updated on September 21, 2010

Author

Clarwin Schwinn
Clarwin Schwinn

Los Angeles, CA



About
Clarwin Schwinn owns a lights and chandeliers' boutique in three different towns in California. Lately, he made an assessment on the best seller among his products and he was able to conclude that the.. more..

Writing