Haven: The City that Feared Night(Draft)

Haven: The City that Feared Night(Draft)

A Story by chris
"

this is a small chunk from the first chapter of the book im writing, its still in the draft process. i tried to make it not so boring

"

Chapter 1

 

    FIRST DAY ON THE JOB AND I ALREADY FUCKED UP. Got seperated from my partner and took a wrong turn. I've got my back up against a cold brick wall. I'am cold, wet, tired and getting ready to stair death in the face.

    It wont be long until "It" finds me. I snuck up on it while it was feasting on a corpse of an animal. Aimed my rifel at the back of "It's" head and "click". The gun jammed, I knew it heard the almost silent noise so I ran. I ran until I couldnt no more, Until my lungs froze and couldnt bare this cold september night air.

    "It chased me for almost three or four blocks. I heard it behind me, It's claws pounding against the stone pavement. It's terrible screech, God that f*****g screach made my skin crawl, Send shivers up my spine. A rhythmic game of cat and mouse it's footsteps mimiced mine. Clap clap clap splash splash clap clap splash. Through puddels and trash and whatever else was on the road "It" followed me just a few feet behind me the whole f*****g time.

    Until I smacked it in the face with the rear of the gun. The impact disoriented it giving me enough time to make a break down this ally. I should've just kept running I thought. My heart is bouncing inside my rib cage and my stomachs in my throat, I can hear the horrible thing getting closer. It can smell me, smell the fear. The sound of its claws clicking against the stone road is getting louder.

    A loud crack of thunder booms over the city and ice cold rain begins to race down from the dark navy colored night sky, And there it is. A long shadow stretched down the ally way. It was on fours and then stood up on two like a human, making the shadow even longer. It was hunched over, head tilted to the side and twitched with every step. It growled and made strange garggeling noises and weezed when it breathed.

    It moved in such a slow eerie way that i froze emotionless and terrified. I never seen anything like it before, I certainlly had no idea what i was up against when i signed up for this s**t. I tried to un jam my gun but it was like one of those dreams where something horrible is happening but for some reason your in slow motion.

    As it crept closer out of the shadows the moonlight began to shine on parts of its twisted deformed body. Slime dripped from its mouth and i could make out a few rows of dagger like teeth. One last attempt at the gun and again nothing. I through it at the wall angerily and it ratteled and clunked to the ground. The thing coming towards me took notice to the sound and it began to pick up speed.

   Great f*****g job, I pissed it off more. Now it knows Im here. Time to face the music I thought to myself, so I lit up my last cig.

 

© 2012 chris


Author's Note

chris
ignore mistakes for now ill go back and fix those later

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Pretty awesome. I'm curious what he does for work. And that last sentence is perfect.
I don't know if he's supposed to be scared in this scenario (I'm assuming he is) so I thought it was weird that he used the gun as a weapon once, but then once he got away he just threw it. It would make sense if he held on to it, if only to hit the thing with it.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
1 Review
Added on September 12, 2012
Last Updated on September 16, 2012

Author

chris
chris

mountain top, PA



About
Names Chris, 20 i enjoy music and art i just go into writinfg recently i hope to get my work out there someday want to know anything else? just message me or find me on facebook more..

Writing
Intro Intro

A Chapter by chris


Beneath Hell Beneath Hell

A Book by chris


Librarian Librarian

A Story by chris