Suicide

Suicide

A Story by Coleen
"

Suicide is deeper than death. How much do you know about people who took their lives when you did not even care about what their scars wanted to say?

"
A week ago, a friend of mine decided to end his life by committing suicide. No one knows what are his last words. No one knows why he left without saying anything. Or so I thought.

People like him does not speak his sentiments and introspections. They do not talk about what bothers them. But didn't we recognize all of what they wanted to say just by looking at their scars? Or maybe listening to their most played songs? Or maybe just by looking into their eyes? We didn't, did we? Because we are so bottled up with our own lives without thinking that they are a huge part of it too. Everyday we talked to them, exchanged greetings with them, even shared laughters with them. But we did not recognize all the voices shouting for help. Why did they do this? Aren't we enough reasons for them to live? Why do we always realize their worth once they're gone?

Maybe because we've all had our little contributions to what made them suffer. Gay, black, fat, ugly, orphan, lesbian, ginger, whale, dork, noob, stupid, trash, skinny, nerd, what else? What else do I need to add for us to have our conscience knock on our doors? Ring a bell?

Little did we know, our words hurt more than the scars they did to themselves. What do we even get from saying those things; satisfaction, power, fun? Did those things even set us free from our insecurities? We did all that because of our insecurities, right? We wanted to feel satisfied with ourselves by making others feel less of themselves. We wanted to earn for ourselves by taking every single hope they have. We wanted to invest everything for ourselves for a reason even us can not fathom. Pride? Satisfaction? Happiness? Selfishness? Insecurity?

Wake up and start helping others to stand up and build theirselves that you once destroyed. Your words mean more than how much you think. Be careful with what you say because suicide is deeper than death. It's hard to win a battle when you are fighting with things you are extremely insecure about, right?

© 2015 Coleen


Author's Note

Coleen
I'm open for any constructive criticism. Just tell me if there are grammatical errors or so. Thanks!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I usually don't have the time to read an entire story but for some reason I made the time to read this one and I'm really glad I did. I can relate so much to this story. I too, feel beaten down and at the verge of doing something really stupid, But at the same time I can relate to the society that ignores the sorrow and strife in someone's eyes. This few words touched me in so many.

There are, however, a few grammatical errors. But they did not lessen the beauty and value of the story.
eg. In the second sentence, It should have been "No one knows what WERE his last words. Instead of No one knows what ARE his last words.

e.i

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coleen

8 Years Ago

Thanks so much! I'm glad you were so nice to correct some of the errors I made. God bless! :)



Reviews

I usually don't have the time to read an entire story but for some reason I made the time to read this one and I'm really glad I did. I can relate so much to this story. I too, feel beaten down and at the verge of doing something really stupid, But at the same time I can relate to the society that ignores the sorrow and strife in someone's eyes. This few words touched me in so many.

There are, however, a few grammatical errors. But they did not lessen the beauty and value of the story.
eg. In the second sentence, It should have been "No one knows what WERE his last words. Instead of No one knows what ARE his last words.

e.i

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coleen

8 Years Ago

Thanks so much! I'm glad you were so nice to correct some of the errors I made. God bless! :)
Hard to see the signs sometimes.
What a tragedy suicide is. I'm sorry for your loss.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coleen

8 Years Ago

Thank you and I hope you have a beautiful day!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 14, 2015
Last Updated on July 14, 2015
Tags: suicide, death, depression, teen, teens, problem

Author

Coleen
Coleen

Quezon City, Manila, Philippines



About
A Civil Engineer in the future with a childhood dream of sharing her sentiments to other people.. more..