Corporate Drones

Corporate Drones

A Poem by Charly

A dark blue blazer squeezes my shoulder blades in toward my spine. If I slouch even an inch, my constricted muscles will surely overpower the thin threads that hold this overpriced, sleeved iron-curtain together. I nod and smile as I shake hands with dry-cleaned suit after dry-cleaned suit, but I can’t quite manage to transfer expression from my half-moon lips to my stubborn eyes. “I’m interested in law, maybe politics " not totally sure.” Collared Adam’s apples vibrate as jargon flies from corporate tongues. I wonder if they’re still human enough to notice the disillusionment that’s radiating from the center of my pupils and slowly enveloping my entire being. I don’t want to be a drone. I’d rather be alone in endless childhood. I’d rather be alive.

© 2014 Charly


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
JC
I really like the end of this, very Tao endless mind and pliability of a child and as opposed to cold world robotic networking. Well done.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

225 Views
1 Review
Added on December 16, 2014
Last Updated on December 16, 2014
Tags: corporate, drones, childhood, adulthood, alive

Author

Charly
Charly

New Brunswick, NJ



About
“We cross our bridges as we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and the presumption that once our eyes watered." more..

Writing