28 months later...

28 months later...

A Screenplay by camps
"

Based off the the two movies.

"
 28 months later....
 
Flashes of lightning pierce through the curtains of the apartment building. There's lightning, but no rain yet. You can hear the voice of the news correspondent in the background. Talking about the severe weather
 
1.                   INT.                      1.
Pan around the messy apartment, typical young persons place.
"We are now getting word that the parent thunderstorm is indeed showing rotation. The radar indicated that the rotation is headed right towards downtown Chicago so any one in the surrounding areas needs to take shelter immediately!"
Chris: Yea they say the storm is headed right towards us.
Evan: Well is there a warning on it?
Chris: No, no warning yet. Still just a watch.
Evan: Well, I still think you, your sister and I should head to the storm area in the building just to be safe.
Lauren: Dad! Relax. We'll be fine. It's probably just another lightning storm.
Evan: Hey! It's my job to look after you kids while you're not at your mothers.
Chris just ignores the banter and keeps reading his book.
Lauren: Yea, I know Dad. But we're not kids anymore.
Evan: Yea, maybe not. But you'll always be kids to me and I'm supposed to look after you whether you like it or not. So come on guys, let's just go down to the shelter just to be safe. Please?
Chris and Lauren look at each other.
Both: Fine...
Chris: What a waste of time. It's probably nothing.
Evan: Oh yea? look at all the tornadoes and bad storms we've been getting lately, you never know. It's better to be safe than sorry.
Lauren: You're just being paranoid Dad.
Chris: Yea Dad. You worry too much.
Evan: Well would you guys rather have me care about you guys or not care at all. I could be like some parents and just not give a s**t.
He starts to get visibly mad.
Lauren: No Dad! That's not what we meant. We know you care about us and we're glad.
Chris: Yea dad
Lauren: All we're saying is, that sometimes, you can get a little too overprotective.
Evan chuckles to himself in amazement.
Lauren: Not that that's a bad thing. But sometimes we just need to take care of ourselves you know.
Chris just nods in agreement.
Evan pauses for a second and takes in the information.
Evan: you know what you guys are right. Maybe you guys don't need me anymore. I mean you are both almost 18 so...
Both the kids begin to realize what they said wrong.
Chris: Np, we don't mean that.
Evan: No it's okay Christopher, you guys think you're old enough you don't need me.
 
 
 
- Scene where there is a giant storm over downtown Chicago. Two bodies are discovered, assumed to be attacked by an infected, The virus has now gotten back out. Chris now has to run through the infected to get home to his Dad and sister. In the background you can hear the Tornado Sirens, but they're not for the storm....
 

© 2014 camps


Author's Note

camps
Wrote this awhile ago.

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on September 30, 2014
Last Updated on September 30, 2014

Author

camps
camps

IL



About
I'm a current student. 22 years old. I love to write in many different styles. I've been writing since I was a little kid. It's always helped me, just getting my thoughts out there. more..

Writing
The Dark Woods The Dark Woods

A Poem by camps


More More

A Screenplay by camps