Edge of Sanity

Edge of Sanity

A Poem by thegreat972


Im at the edge of sanity, feelin overwhelmed killin the greatest man i could be, these issues of pain slowly keep drownin me, even my best efforts seem to be, weak, far from enough to flee, never set me free, so tired my gas tank is on empty, w no stations in sight, under the E, line, gone miles, watchin the light, wats become of my life, Columbian neck tie, but sliced by my own knife, steady caught by the fight, & now all i can do is be high? is this wat it takes to get by? sucked in to the darkness, givin up on wats rite? can't find the switch or the power to flip back on the lights. . . Night's, so cold, hollow and alone, wana pick up the phone, b4 i pick up the chrome, a memory escape route, finally out of my dome,gone,but not today, y?, my 3 J's Peyton & Drae, open my eyes then point me the way, to the road that leads back to prosperity lane, funny the paths, visions, crazy thoughts in the brain, strain, same, things that heals always causes the pain, w out thunder and lightning we'd never no rain, w out sadness or loss we'd have nothing to gain!!

Cody Wages Written by ME Cody Wages .....

© 2014 thegreat972


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
Added on December 2, 2014
Last Updated on December 2, 2014

Author

thegreat972
thegreat972

carlsbad, NM



Writing