Down Under

Down Under

A Story by Coffee Martin
"

Some of us want to have powers, a supernatural ability. Sometimes power can be find in politics, sometimes by spiritual means, sometimes black magic. How about you, what is your power?

"

PROLOGUE

 

                Some of us want to have powers, a supernatural ability. Sometimes power can be find in politics, sometimes by spiritual means, sometimes black magic. How about you, what is your power?

DOWN UNDER

 

                “Through the powers of my ancient ancestors, I have given superb magic! I will make you turn into a rat! Ha! Ha! (a witch stated with a witch laugh).” “No! Turn me into a cat instead. Please!” (a girl replied).”

 

                “Nothing’s new. Urgh! I want something new!” a boy exclaimed while watching a movie. He is sitting in the couch. His name is Alex, 15 years old. They just moved in to a new house, it’s business related. He went upstairs. And takes a sleep.

 

                Every night, he dreams that he ,with his bed falling down under. One day, he decided to move his bed and found out there is a secret door. “What’s down there?” He asked to himself. “It’s just like what I watched in movies, there is someone dead and wants justice. Or someone left a diary and wants them to be read. Or a ghost trapped and wants to get out of the dark.” He added.

 

                He opened the door and entered. Down under, he found a book with a sticky note, with an instruction how to find a glass with a spirit living, trapped for eternity. “See? Nothing’s new.” Alex thought to himself.

 

                He was able to find the glass with ashes on it. He opens the lid, and a figure starts to gather out of ashes, it’s a wizard! A wizard was brought back to life under a spell, and is now free again. “Thank you for freeing me again, I was imprisoned inside that glass by a witch, my enemy. “ “Oh, okay?” Alex replied with confusion. He is not surprised, because he is always expecting some same old stories about scenes like this.

 

                The wizard tries to find the witch to defeat, but there is one reason they collaborate, and it is to defeat a more voracious and a fearful one. The Soul Eater is the true enemy. Alex saw the Soul Eater and woke up from the couch very late at night, it was a nightmare. And he thought that it’s only a dream.

 

                In the morning, he wakes up and found a note in his table beside his bed. He wonders where it came from, since his mother never did left notes, not even once. “Oh? What is this? It’s not from mom, I’m sure.” He reads the note and follows the instruction. He came to the corner not common to be visited in the house, and there is a glass filled with ashes, sealed by a lid and a label stating, “Do not Touch”.

 

                A whisper in the wind. A soft command. Unconsciously, he touches the glass, and removes its lead. And all of a sudden, a strong wind starts to whirl from the glass, and slowly a figure starts to form out of the ashes, a creature has been reborn, has been unleashed, has been freed from being imprisoned for a very long time. But it’s not a wizard, it’s the Soul Eater.

 

                The wizard and the witch (on his dream) sensed the revival of the enemy and collide to defeat the creature for the second time. They fought the Soul Eater, but can’t defeat it. Whenever they hit the Soul Eater, ashes is going back to form it’s damaged part. Alex noticed some ashes fall apart from the enemy.

 

                Alex run and decided to move his bed, to confirm if the secret door really exists too. And yes, there is really a secret passage, he opens the door and went inside the secret door. He found a box with a label, “In case of emergency, SoulMate.”

 

                Alex runs to where the enemy is. He used the weapon. It’s a vacuum. The ashes vacuumed and the enemy is defeated.

 

                Sometimes you don’t need a power to defeat your demon. Sometimes, it’s your strong-will purpose that can bend their knees.

© 2016 Coffee Martin


Author's Note

Coffee Martin
This story may contain typographical error, wrong grammar, flaws and such.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on August 14, 2016
Last Updated on August 14, 2016
Tags: #fantasy, #fiction, #shortstory

Author

Coffee Martin
Coffee Martin

Mandaluyong, NCR, Philippines