Compartment 114
Compartment 114
FREE author website
Authors are creating beautiful personal websites with Myauthor.space for FREE! Try us before you spend $1000s of dollars
When dreams wait

When dreams wait

A Story by coffeeoften

Every night I sing to myself lullaby's and every night they fade ever so slightly into the setting sun.  I conduct, with my hands, a melodic trumpet that rings in my mind as the orchestra pauses for dramatic effect; the one brass siren wails high above the rest to draw close the hearts of lonely souls. 
My fingers, now just shy of touching, attract and repel like magnets.  I feel the static between them jump the gap, the charge that demonstrates my own animation. My livelihood trapped in the gentle arcs of my fingerprints. The slightest graze of any textured item leaves a lingered tingle on my skin.  Life has a way of lingering; sounds ringing in your ears, matters of the heart that should have been lost long ago or an icy breeze that leaves your cheeks burning for longer than you'd like.  
Every night when life itself stands still, my thoughts travel the paths through mountains made of lingered sensation, underneath the moon's supervision.  Stars enchant my imagination and pursue  my soul until heavy eyes, in time, find rest.

© 2014 coffeeoften


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
Added on January 28, 2014
Last Updated on January 28, 2014
Tags: word vomit, thoughts, night, can't sleep

Author

coffeeoften
coffeeoften

Nova Scotia, Canada



About
I'm Bri; 20/Canadian I'm not very fancy; I'm just looking for a more productive way to spend my days than re-watching all 7 seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. ++ Simplicity, cats, guitar, natur.. more..

Writing