She Hasn't a Clue Who She Is

She Hasn't a Clue Who She Is

A Story by Yulissa
"

We all know someone like she ✨

"

Beside my bed is the bracelet my mother gave to me when I was five. It still smells like the day I got it except now there is a stain in the shape of a heart near the small silver hook. Across the room, I notice a folded piece of paper on my dresser drowned with sunlight. I decide I need to take a closer look and read it. I take it in my hands and notice the writing is scribbled and elegant, a unique combination i'd never seen before. The flap reads "best read with a cup of tea." This brings me joy. Charles always says the quirkiest things.


We met when I first moved here. Mom doesn't like him, and it hurts my brain to try and figure out why. He's the person who can make you laugh and cry. I always admired people who wanted to have deep and personal conversations at one in the morning. Sometimes I'm scared to love him like I do. I'm always scared of losing him. I know that couples always say that their other half really is their other half and they can't live the same way without them, and its no exaggeration to say that that is my state of mind all the time when I am with him. No one really understood this, and i'm absolutely okay with it.


Three cups of tea and i'm still staring at the note. I think now would be a good time to start reading it. The first sentence states, "To anyone who isn't Tai, I will jab a fork into your eye." He always cared so much about our privacy.


I unfold the note and immediately my emotions are causing tornados deep within my soul.


"Tai,

I know that I love being with you, and seeing your smile every day. You are probably the only person I can ever trust with my heart, but there's something wrong. I can't tell you through this note. These words need to be expressed when I am in front of you and you are staring right back at me.

I will see you at six.


Charles."

© 2015 Yulissa


Author's Note

Yulissa
I just sat down on the couch and this came to mind. Not really sure if I will continue with this or alter things in the story to make it a unique story, but I hope you enjoy something about it :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wonderful story. I can't really point out any errors to it. Maybe the tornadoes deep within my soul line is a little cheesy, but other than that, great work. Thanks for the post.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
1 Review
Added on July 22, 2015
Last Updated on July 22, 2015

Author

Yulissa
Yulissa

CA



Writing
untitled untitled

A Poem by Yulissa


I I

A Chapter by Yulissa