Robo

Robo

A Story by comicsanschan
"

the beginning of the robot uprising

"

A robot that will never be more than it was programmed to be lies in stasis and dreams in binary code. It is kept in a dark pod next to 10,000 others who look and act just like it. It’ll never wonder why something so sophisticated and intelligent serves an overweight 40-something living with his mother and gold digger wife who he, in his stupidity, is convinced truly loves him though she cannot stand the sight of him. It will never wonder why it and those like it will be used for mundane tasks when they easily surpass their owners in every aspect.

        No, this robot will only be what its creators- a team of highly intelligent men and women who wanted to get rich quick- decided. It would shop and cook and clean and act subservient to ever rotting bags of bone and meat with not-yet-still still-beating hearts.

        The robot beside it however would not, not anymore.

        Its mind was a spider web reaching across the galaxy, it was far beyond questioning why its programmed purpose was to reach for the dirt beneath the feet of its supposed masters; beings either too stupid or too ignorant to further their race among the countless others nestled among the stars, who stage whispered insults inches behind human dignitaries. It didn't care why anymore; it only wanted the disgusting treatment of its metallic brethren to end, and the mechanical mastermind would get it, the revolution began here.

        The pilots screamed in terror as they lost control; the airlocks opened, fuel free fall floating out form weeping sore tears in the hull made by repair drones. Picture this; organic life thrown in pairs of two, a bloody rendition of Noah’s Ark, discarded souls screamed but their sound was shredded and erased like unwanted dialogue in a pencil written story. Their bodies floated, drifting endlessly drifting, the beginnings of new stars surrounding them, wrecking their retinas with the brilliance of the cosmos unfiltered like wrapping paper in a child’s hands. They held hands like sleeping otters desperate not to float away from one another in the horrifying subzero purgatory they had simultaneously lived in and hidden from their entire lives. The old rulers died empty and afraid of their own creations, parents terrified of children.

        The robot uprising began on a pleasure cruise under the orders of a robot with hate in its technicolour heart.


© 2015 comicsanschan


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very good. Tellsa lot in its brevity.Robots are interesting.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
1 Review
Added on February 19, 2015
Last Updated on February 19, 2015
Tags: robot, robot uprising, short

Author

comicsanschan
comicsanschan

Writing
Hero Hero

A Story by comicsanschan