Five Days

Five Days

A Story by Maegan
"

We should have known.

"

 

The fifth day he was gone and I was the last. I sat in my old home thinking to myself. I’m sure my round fox eyes were as huge as ever. I rocked myself holding my knees looking at the attic door. It sat open and I could tell something was still in it. Fear crept into my thoughts. We should have known.

 



 

The fourth day Charlie’s eyes are as black as coals. He says he feels fine, but he’s really changed. I saw him mumbling to himself the other night. He might be ill, his leg is slowly falling off with black goo trailing him. We settled at a little campfire someone must have left behind. I lit a fire to keep us warm, but Charlie wouldn’t step anywhere near it.

 



 

The third day we went to the shore. It was a nice day out and the water wasn’t all that cold but Charlie wouldn’t get in, not even for a moment. I could have sworn something was pondering his mind.

 

 



The second day Charlie Oak and I went into the forest. We found the bodies of our loved ones as the shadows crept near the trees, not one leaf rustled. We should have known.

 

 



The first day everyone went missing. Not a soul in sight. Every store, library, park, house was deserted. That’s when we heard the whimpers in the attic.

© 2013 Maegan


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really loved this you are very talented!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 17, 2013
Last Updated on January 19, 2013
Tags: five days, writing, story, original, different.

Author

Maegan
Maegan

About
Hello! I am Maegan. I love writing and photography, they are my life passion. I am also in love with those bright dazzling stars! I can't get enough of them! I love music, and the occasional drawing. .. more..

Writing
The violins The violins

A Poem by Maegan