What Bob feels!

What Bob feels!

A Story by Confused Soul
"

Story about Bob, who understands everything but still is confused

"

What if I tell you that you have great potential, you were born to do great things, not once, not twice but every day for 17 years straight? Now, what if you start believing the fact that maybe you are what you have been told? But what happens when the result is not exactly what was desired?

Let me tell you a story, a story about this boy who was as lost as a star in the day time. He doesn’t know what he wants, he doesn’t know where he is headed to, all he knows is he is destined to do things nobody ever thought of. Not because he believes in it, but because he is told so. He knows things are wrong, he knows what is going on around him is not correct yet there he sits, insignificant to bring in change. His name is, well for now, let’s call him Bob. Bob is 22 years old, single, surrounded by people yet helplessly lonely and depressed and leading a life without direction. But Bob has not always been like this.

Bob was born into a typical middle class Indian family. His father was a government employee, his mother a house wife and he had a sibling, an elder sister. Bob used to be a straight A student in his early school life. He was good at quizzing, he was good at studies, brilliant orator, basically the type of kid every Indian parent wants and every Indian kid hates. Everything worked perfectly fine with Bob, he was happy, he was content. But Bob had a secret, something that he didn’t realise. Bob lived another secret life, a life of lies and deceit. He was the best liar you would ever see. He could look you right into your eye and lie. He got away with it most of the time because he was the good kid on the block and nobody doubted him. But things were about to change.

Year 2008, Bob is now 15 years old and he is in the 9th grade. 2007 was really bad for Bob because he scored very badly in exams and his parents and everybody around him was disappointed. This however didn’t dampen his spirits. 2008 was probably the last time Bob was genuinely happy. He had everything, he was the top scorer, he was into sports, he was in a band, he had a girlfriend, he had a close friend, and his life was perfect. That is when things started going downhill. The next 9 years of his life, he kept going down and down. And this brings us to the present day Bob, who isn’t good at anything; he has tried his hands at everything but failed. His dream shattered and reality hit him hard. The little problem that Bob had, the second life of deceit that he lived came crashing down at him. Everything he does is fake; everything that he says is a lie. He is almost good at a lot of thing, but good at not even a single thing. He tried over and over to prove himself but he just couldn’t.

This brings us to the stage of realization. Why did this happen? How did a boy who was good at so many things become good for nothing?

When you tell someone that you are meant to get something, you are meant to shine, the person starts thinking that maybe he is entitled to all the fame and glory. But when it doesn’t happen, he resorts to filling up the void with stories created by him. He starts living an alternate life, a life far from reality where in everything is good, everything is fair. Everybody had faced this problem in their lives at some point or the other. The wider the void, the harder the fall and the tougher it is to cope up with it. Bob, well he understands everything. You can fool Bob, not because he is stupid, but because he just doesn’t know what to do. He is smart enough to understand your every move but nice enough to stand up to you. Nice or is it just lack of confidence is just one of the many questions that Bob faces. He doubts everything, he thinks about every single thing.  

Bob is exceptionally good at one thing i.e. reading people. Bob knows what people actually mean. But what is the point of all this? Why do you need to know this? Well that’s because Bob has met various kinds of people in his 22 years journey already and he wants to break down each and every character he has met.

So, in the next part, Bob will tell you the kind of people he has met and what role did everyone play to bring him in the position he is at today.

P.S.: There three card future is yet to come

 

 

© 2017 Confused Soul


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

69 Views
Added on March 1, 2017
Last Updated on March 1, 2017
Tags: Psychology, Human nature, Biography

Author

Confused Soul
Confused Soul

Mumbai, WEST INDIA, India



About
I am the one who wanders seeking something, not knowing where or what it is. more..

Writing