Horror Explorer

Horror Explorer

A Story by Awesomewriter
"

a story about a kid who has to find special gems. It is not done.

"

 

Prologue:
 
In my dreams I had always been on a journey. Be it trudging through a boggy marshy swamp or heading aimlessly down a forested path. I could be inside a tomb of an ancient and powerful king or on top of the world in a hot air balloon. I had many ideas and a vast imagination full of dreams. Things that in my heart wanted to come real and true, I guess that’s why I had so many wonderful dreams. I had just been letting out my thoughts and making room for new ones. I was good at that; everyone knew it and I was greatly proud of the fact that I could make such marvelous places and such intriguing characters. They had such personality and everyone just was enthralled when they picked up one of my books. In my dreams I had adventures, in reality I crafted and shaped them into timeless pieces of literature. They were of the finest quality and I had been proud every time someone finished my stories.
 
But now as I sat on the pavement staring down the road, I was nothing. I was all washed up, just like this rain pouring onto the gravel and probably eroding it away, just like me. My imagination was eroding away; had been ever since the day I had seen those high beams and heard the roar of an engine. My best and greatest lifelong friend Jake Triosava had been hit by a truck. He was only 11 years old when it had happened. It had ruined me forever and I had never made a story since that day. I didn’t know what to do, should I sit on the road like an idiot or should I be smart enough to head home. My clothes were soaked as I had gone without a jacket, hoping for my death sentence, maybe hypothermia. No that wasn’t it, I knew somewhere in my heart that if I went back to where Jake died, that I’d might just be able to resurrect my passion for writing again. I liked writing and I always had before. So, why should I have let his death act as a roadblock in my career?  That is why I had come to this place, although if I had known this trip would be so fruitless I would have just as well looked at a dead bug that was at this moment stuck between the window panes. I didn’t get a drop of inspiration instilled in me. All I received was drops of self-pity.
 
I picked myself up and dusted off. The rain was strong and nary did a drop not splash upon my face. I headed home and even as curious passer-byers asked me if I needed a lift, I said no thanks. I was pacing myself so I could take an extremely long time to walk barely half a mile. When I had got to the corner of Cherry Grove Street and Orange Patch Avenue, the rainclouds were clearing. I was glad that I wouldn’t have to endure any more water on top of my head.
 
I was almost up to my driveway, when I spotted a silver car in the vicinity. It was apparently parking into the driveway and I was curious as to who might be in it. I stumbled behind a bush and peered to see what was going on. A man and woman came out of the vehicle each had a briefcase. They might have been laptop cases I really wasn’t close enough to see and I wasn’t about to jump out and scream to them. I just waited to see what they had planned to do. They hurried up to my front porch and hastily rang the doorbell. My mom opened it and said, “Hello, who are you people and what can I do for you?” The lady smiled and replied, “You are the mother I presume?” “Why, yes I am what would you need?” This time the man piped in, “We are looking for your son, is he home at the moment? This matter is at the utmost importance.”
 
She told them no and then walked back inside. I wasn’t sure what I should do. I abruptly jumped to my feet and ran over to them. “Hey, I’m the kid,” I shouted. They were stunned and it looked like they were about to pass out and I’d have to bring them inside, but instead they bowed and said, “Master, you need to help us, our world is in danger. The Earth is in grave danger if you can’t use your expertise and guide us through these times.” I was a bit stunned; first of all they called me master. Second of all they needed my expertise. I didn’t have any expertise except for writing short stories and novels. I pointed out to them, “Whoa buddy, what expertise are you talking about? How would I a washed up and crumbled dry author be able to save the entity known as the world?”
 
They told me a story which I shall re-cap as to not spoil the story too much. They claimed that I was a powerful being. I had such amazing books; they considered me to be the chosen one. They told me that I had to find some kind of ancient relics, known to all as the Earth Gems. It seemed like a big task, but they said I’d be greatly rewarded for doing the job.
 
I walked into the house and told my mom, she was excited for me and said to go for it. I took her advice and packed my bags. I took all the necessities and gently placed them into the suitcase. Followed by a notebook, actually three so I could record my adventures; I had thought after the journey was over I might be able to craft the notes into a magnificent story that would reboot my career. I also brought a blanket and a small travel pillow. I had to have a place to lay my head at night. When I had finished gathering my belongings that I was going to take on the trip, I walked downstairs.
 
The two agents were explaining to my mother just exactly what they planned for me to do on the mission. She almost sprung a leak a few times, worried that her baby boy wouldn’t be able to make it through this trip and return home still intact. I assured her otherwise and we bid each other farewell. I was headed out on an adventure, which would hopefully ignite my passion again and make me even more of a famous and powerful presence than before.
 
 
Chapter 1:
 
As we drove away in the silver car I decided to think of the first place I was going to visit. It was a mountainous region inhabited by ferocious animals, large and small. It would be full of perils. Just think, if I fell off the mountain it would be all over for me, I’d be joining Jake up there in the sky. I didn’t want that to happen just yet. I wanted to accomplish something that would put me in the history books. I needed to be famous; by establishing myself as a writer. I knew I had the potential, but I just had to harness it. Maybe I would, after I recovered all the gems and saved the world, that would be enough to put me in the books without an accompanying story. I really wanted to prove that I had the mettle to be a writer as well as an adventurer.
 
We had stopped at the gas-station and the man got out to go refill the tank. We’d be traveling all day almost. Of course, we’d have breaks to eat and rest, but for the most part we’d be on the road all day. It was going to be a long day and night, depending on if they really wanted to get to their destination quicker. When the man got in the car I started talking, “Hey, so if we are going to search for these gems what happens if we can’t get them all?” He replied, “You’re the chosen one and thus it should be no quandary for you to get them.” That was all we said the rest of the morning. Later, we stopped at a restaurant just off the highway. It was a McDonalds and I was salivating as we walked in to the building. The people looked at me as if I had rabies. I was drooling all over the floor and it was actually quite embarrassing. I quickly wiped the drool with my sleeve and walked to the counter. We had gotten a few cheeseburgers and some milkshakes. I think that would have been enough. We left the building and got back into our car. I unwrapped one of my cheeseburgers and placed the other on my lap. I stuck the milkshake into a cup holder and we sped away. The day was almost over and we weren’t even half way there.
 
After I had munched away both of my cheeseburgers and slurped down my milkshake, I decided to throw them away. I looked around and then realized that there was a trash bag on the floor. I opened it and just before I threw my garbage in I saw a picture of me and Jake standing next to each other. I then, threw my trash away, and placed the bag on the floor. I looked to see if they noticed, they hadn’t.
 
We were going up the mountain road and I saw a plethora of trees. We decided to head to the mountain lodge. It was a nice and sturdy log cabin, built on the side of the mountain. As we walked in we saw a carpeted floor and a warm and inviting fireplace. It was the coziest shack I’d ever been in. I was sure I’d describe it in full detail in my book. I took note of the log walls and the antique vases on small tables. The check-in desk was neatly arranged and lit up by a light on a string.  A light on a string, wasn’t that a bit old-fashioned? I would have guessed if anyone ever questioned me that this hotel was made a few hundred years ago. You would have been in shock, but I’m sure that’s how long it had been around. It was a very inviting place and even had a dining room. It would be a nice stay at a cozy little hotel cabin.
 
Our room was located on the third floor, and guess what, they didn’t have any elevators! That was the biggest surprise of the day, not. I didn’t enjoy lugging my luggage up the stairs and down numerous halls until we came to the door of our room. I dropped my bags and God, I screamed so loud. I had dropped my suitcase on my toes. I hope it didn’t cause any permanent damage to my feet. If I did I would sue the owners for not installing elevators. I walked into the dark room with my throbbing toe and placed my bags down by my bed. I walked out to the window and pulled the curtains open, so I could let a small stream of light into the room. I started looking through features of room booklet when I heard a crash and a bang.
 
I seriously thought the ceiling was going to fall on top of my head. I would have had a big hole in my attic if such a thing ever did happen. I carefully surveyed the room looking for any fragments of whatever crumbled into a million pieces. I peeked into the bathroom, nothing. No explosion or wrecking ball. Everything seemed pretty normal in the entire room. Not so sure about the hall, I tiptoed out of the room and scanned the area. I saw a few people walking around. I didn’t notice anything eerie or sinister about this picture. It was quite a placid scene. I went downstairs to see if anything happened to the other guests.
 
When I got there everything still looked intact, I thought. I walked over to a window at the end of the hallway and saw some cop cars. Uh-oh, I thought. I hoped my agent buddies hadn’t pulled the trigger on anyone who was in their way. I didn’t even think they carried weapons. I ran downstairs in a blind panic and crashed my hands down at the desk. “Mister, please tell me why are the police here?” The old dusty man told me, “Kid, don’t scream in my ear and they are just here for maintenance, no crimes!” I was very relieved and now I didn’t have to worry anymore. Or did I?
 
I realized almost immediately that I couldn’t find the agents anywhere. I scrambled around the building like a mad-man. When I saw an old man I asked, “Have you seen anybody that looked like they were special agents?” I fear in my heart that he took it the wrong way. He started to spread his cheeks wide and smile and laugh hysterically like a mental patient. I was a little freaked out and I begged him to stop. It didn’t work and he was strolled away to the hospital, by the warm and welcoming hospital staff. I was worried for him, but I had bigger problems. I had to find the agents still.
 
I went to the dining room and looked around, they weren’t there. I had looked everywhere else previously and there was nowhere else to go. I decided to head outside and continue my search. I traveled behind the building and found nothing but a little shed and a medium sized house. I went to the house and read the sign. Hot tubs inside, for public use, it said. I slowly turned the knob and walked into the room. I saw many people and wondered if mine were among them. I asked some folks if they noticed anybody who was wearing black suits and skirts. They all replied no, sorry. I was getting nervous and decided to check the car.
 
I walked over to where we had parked and was amazed. They had left me here, alone. My caretakers were gone and all that remained was a piece of paper. I lifted it off the ground and saw it was addressed to me. It read: If you are reading this right now, it means you’ve realized we left you. Take as long as you want, but find the gem before we come back in three days.
 
I decided that I was going to be alone for a while. I walked back to the hotel and decided I would go search tomorrow. It was almost night-time so I went to eat. I got myself a children’s menu and then proceeded out to a table. I ordered my favorite, chicken parmesan pizza. I enjoyed my pizza without anyone to share it. They told me since my parents left that they wouldn’t charge me.
 
After that I headed back to my room. I pulled the curtains closed and turned a light on. Then, I crawled into bed and drifted off to a deep sleep and I didn’t awake until tomorrow morning. Tomorrow would be another hard day as I had to search for the gem after all.
 
 
Chapter 2:
 
I woke up the next morning and stumbled out of bed, drowsily. I got dressed and made the bed. Then, I went to the bathroom and fixed my hair. After all that I packed up my suitcase and placed it in the corner of the room. After all that was done with, I went downstairs to grab a bite to eat.
 
I decided on having French toast with syrup and a scrambled egg. It was accompanied by a glass of orange juice, freshly squeezed. I ate my breakfast at a leisurely pace, hoping to be ready for the hike up the mountain.
 
I grabbed my coat and put it on. Then I exited the hotel. It was a windy day outside and I zipped my coat all the way up. The trees were shaking hard as if it was a hurricane coming through. I walked down the stone path and past the parking lot. I started heading up to the trail when something caught my eye. In the distance at the peak of the mountain I saw a glistening blue light. I guessed that it was the Earth gem; I had to reach the top of the mountain in two days and retrieve the gem. So, that is how I began my trek up the mountain.
 
All I had taken with me was my coat, but in my coat pocket I had three or maybe five health bars. I also had a flashlight and a grappling hook. Those items were crammed into my large pockets. I thought I had enough bars to last until tomorrow night; that should be enough. I was going to use the flashlight at night so I could get there faster. I brought the grappling hook in case the path stopped somewhere and I needed a lift. I had all the supplies that I would need for the next day and a half.
 
I began walking at a moderate pace toward my goal and was also looking at the scenery and greenery while I was there. The sky was a dark gray and you could barely see the sun, it looked like an egg. The trees were a dark green color and looked like evergreens. There were some birds walking around the path and I wanted to feed them, but I didn’t have any bird seed with me at the moment. So, I just walked past them. It was a nice walk and I got pretty far by the evening, with no trouble what so ever.
 
I wasn’t sure if I should go to sleep on the ground because I thought the wolves might be around. So I decided that I would continue to walk all night, no matter how dark it was. That was why I had my flashlight after all. I turned on my flashlight and went onward. I waved it all around as I walked up the mountain, so I wouldn’t find any wild animals. I was a little nervous in the dark, because when I was a kid I had been left outside alone because I wouldn’t take out the trash, I had been writing my story. I used to be inseparable from my laptop and never stopped to take a break or even eat. I loved writing stories. It was my passion and my favorite thing to do.
 
As I walked I could see a full moon out and wondered if there would be any were-wolfs outside. If so, they’d better not come near me or I’d kick them across the world. I never wanted to see one in my whole life. As I made my way to the top of the mountain I noticed a figure. I saw it was human and ran up to it, cautiously. To my surprise it was the old mental man from the cabin. I said, “Man, what are you doing alone at this late hour?” He replied in a nasty obnoxious voice, “Well, you’re a kid; I suppose I should be asking you that. Anyway I am here on a mission to hunt for the were-wolf and I am wondering if you could be of assistance, you see it gets very lonely out here. I matter of fact have been waiting for just the opportune moment to get you alone with me.” I started to get a little freaked out and suggested, “I think you should either head to the cabin or to the asylum, mister.” That was a big insult to him and I’m sorry I had said it. Just then he transformed into a repulsive pale creature sprawled out on the ground. I think he had died.
 
I was wrong when I thought that. I had walked over to him and tried to kick him. Surprisingly, he grabbed my leg and wouldn’t let go of it. I struggled to escape from the clutch of his cold, rough hands. He just wouldn’t let go. I finally charged out of his grasp and ran to a stone pillar on the opposite side of the summit. I saw a shiny blue stone on the pedestal and grabbed it. I put it into my pocket and ran down the mountain, full speed ahead!
 
Once I had made it into my hotel room, I saw that it was already almost time for everyone to wake-up. I decided that I would go to sleep. I carefully place the gem into a little bag and then into my pants pocket.
 
 
Chapter 3:
 
The next morning or maybe afternoon I woke up. I was shocked to see that my gem was missing. I looked all over the bed and then the floor. I was in a panic, the agents would be picking me up soon and I didn’t want to get in trouble. I searched frantically with no success
 
 
Then, I remembered what happened with the evil man at the summit. He may have stolen my gem as revenge, because of what I said to him. I ran downstairs and asked the hotel manager if he had noticed the man today. “Sorry, I haven’t seen him since yesterday when he was taken to the hospital in the left wing of this place. Maybe, you should go and ask somebody there.”
 
I left with no avail. I decided I would do just what he told me, I would pay a visit to the hospital wing. I walked down the long hall and up a flight of stairs. I came to the area and opened a fire-proof steel door. I walked into the room and waited on a couch. When the attendant called me to see what I needed I walked up and said, “Miss, have you remembered seeing an elderly man yesterday who came in when he started laughing like a lunatic?” She told me she saw him sneak out his cubicle late at night, but she didn’t want to alarm anyone. I told her to alert the security and so she did. They would be searching for him today and tomorrow. I told the head of security that I saw him on the mountain last night. I told how he had attacked me and that he wouldn’t let go. They said once they found him that they would check his medical status and see if he had any mental disease. I told them to be careful around him because at any minute he could snap, and somebody would get hurt.
 
After I left the office I went to get a sandwich. I had a turkey and cheese sandwich with potato chips on the side. It was a good sandwich and I wasn’t paying attention when somebody had come up to me and started poking me. It was the man and I was horrified, to see what he wanted. I said in a panicky voice, “What do you want, mister?” He didn’t say anything and then started doing his maniac laugh. I decided to run away and never find him again.
 
I ran faster and faster down the endless halls. I was a fair distance away when I remembered, I needed the blue gem. I ran back to where I had found him originally. To my surprise he had stayed in the exact same spot as before. He still had his mouth open and looked like he was going to laugh. I asked him about the blue gem and he told me, “Kid, you were very impolite to me last night on the mountain and I think you owe it to me as a present.” I explained why I needed it so urgently and he said, “I’ll ask you a favor and then you can have your precious gem. I want you to come with me tonight and hunt for the were-wolves.” I agreed it was my only option.
 
I was going to have to hunt for my least favorite creature in the entire world. I did think I was being reasonable, thinking he was mental. I mean, there are no such things as were-wolfs. I doubted we’d even see a regular wolf, it was totally unlikely.
 
 
Chapter 4:
 
Later that day, I had dinner. It was macaroni and cheese with bread. I enjoyed the thick and cheesy, rich and gooey cheddar sauce. It was the best dinner I ever had. I was worried during the meal about that old man. What if he turned on me? I had to fear for my safety. I soon finished the meal and headed out to meet him by the entrance of the trail.
 
I met him outside and he gave me a new flashlight. He was a nice person, for supplying me with an item. If I didn’t know him I would think he was after me, in one way or another. I gradually reached my hand out and accepted his tool semi-gratefully. I turned it on to see if it still worked, oddly it did. He gave me the plan and then we headed out in search of vicious and bloodthirsty wolves.
 
I thought he was going to take out a knife or something as we slowly maneuvered up the path. It was a bit scary, like a horror movie where the monster forces you to come with it and do what he she or it wanted. I was always looking for him, because whenever I saw him he would dart back and go somewhere else. It seemed like he didn’t want to be noticed. I didn’t want him to notice me either and I tried to stay a good distance away from him.
 
The moon looked even fuller tonight as it shimmered over the horizon. The stars danced about the darkness as if they had been set ablaze. It was marvelous to see a sight as calm as this. I hoped we wouldn’t see a were-wolf, I could barely see the ground and the man. We rounded a corner and I saw a pile of bones on the ground. “Were-wolf scraps, I sense they’re near meeting them is inevitable now. There’s no backing out now, kid,” he muttered under his breath. I was getting nervous now and wanted to turn back and run like a maniac all the way to the hotel cabin. I knew it and as I heard the howling I knew they knew it to. We would meet up soon, very soon.
 
I met my first were-wolf once we had made it to the summit. I was going to scream, but the old man covered my mouth with his cold clammy hands. I tried to release but he wouldn’t let go. I struggled and struggled. I knew he didn’t want me to scream, but I thought the wolves would get scared and run away. They didn’t once I let my scream blast through the air.  They actually stood on their hind legs and started coming towards us. The old man took out a camera and took a photo. There was a blinding light and horrible screeches galore. I didn’t know what was going on and maybe I didn’t want to.
 
When the light vanished, so had the wolves; I was very relieved. I didn’t see the man anywhere and was worried about him. I saw the blue gem on the ground and a tiny scrap of paper. I picked up the paper and gem; I put the gem into my pocket. Then, I read the note: If you are reading this note, it means that you’ve released me, than-you. Take your gem and continue your quest to save the world. I wish I could have seen you accomplish your goal, but I can’t. Again I say thank-you.
 
I finished reading the note and folded it and placed it into my pocket. I then headed down the mountain to the hotel again. I was a bit lonely and missed the crazy old man. I was sure that he was a good person. I knew it in my heart. Soon, I made it to the hotel and then into my room. I again put the gem into a bag and then in my pocket. I reflected about the trip to the mountain and wondered where I’d be heading tomorrow. I still had many gems to find. I just had to wait until tomorrow when the agents came to pick me up. I then slowly drifted off to sleep while thinking about what I had to do next.
 
 
Chapter 5:
 
I was awoken the next morning by a loud whistle. I nearly flew out the window when I heard it. If you ever heard a piano on the highest key, it’s like that but tripled. I was scared to see who it was. I thought it might have been the old man at first, but I saw with my own eyes that he vanished. I then realized that it was them and they were here to pick me up and bring me to the next stop on the trip.
 
I rolled over and saw the man and woman staring at me with eager eyes. They probably wondered whether or not I got the gem. I pulled out my bag and opened it up. I slowly withdrew the gem and showed it to them. “Good job kid, I knew we could count on you,” said the man. Then, they told me to get my items packed up into the suitcase. I did and then we packed into the car. It was the same car as before when we had arrived. It was always the same silver color. I wasn’t sure whether or not I wanted to go with them, after that picture of Jake and me I saw when I coming to the hotel.
 
I was absolutely going to miss the hotel. I had some marvelous experiences at the mountain and met some bizarre people. First of all, when we had got here I was shocked when the agents had left without telling me. Then, the random occurrences with the old man and how when I first met him he struck me as a lunatic. I realized after our second encounter on the mountain that he was a good person. I enjoyed the trip to the mountain and hoped I could someday return to it.
 
Reminiscing time was over, we had to leave. I hopped into the car and we drove away. We passed the hotel and the entrance into the mountain park. We had passed the McDonald’s when I decided to look back into the garbage bag. It was still there and I peeked in. I could see the picture, but I noticed that I had a blue circle over my head and Jake had a red x across his. I guess that means that he was dead and something might happen to me soon. I had to keep an eye out from now on.
 
The lady suddenly said, “Kid, did you know that that gem was actually called the gem of bravery. “ I wondered what that meant and then I started thinking about the place I was headed next. I was going to be headed to Dimdyle town. It was supposedly haunted by some sort of ghost. I was a little scared, I never liked ghosts. I hoped it was just a big rumor and that I’d find nothing more than the black gem and maybe some thief’s. I was playing with my thumbs as we drove toward the city.
 
When we jumped out of the car, I stopped and looked at the dismal scenery. The trees were dead and the brick roads were gray. I could see a huge clock tower and spied crows swooping all around it. The houses looked like what you would find if you went to an old-fashioned story book and pulled out the nearest town. Except that these homes were dark and many had little or no lights on inside them. It was still morning but even as the sun was shining outside the town, no light managed to sneak into the town itself. All in all, it was a very morbid town and I wouldn’t want to spend too long in it.
 
I was told by my agents to go to the town hall and the people there would direct me to what needed to be done. I headed over and as I walked I noticed the agents driving away in their car. Leaving me on an adventure, again. Anyways I walked down the brick road and through the side streets. There on the corner of two streets I made out a shadowed figure. I could only see its silhouette but I could see it was a boy. It didn’t look tall enough to be a man and it didn’t seem like it was a girl.
 
It waved to me and I thought it wanted me to come over. In the dim lighting emanating from the streetlamps, I walked to it. I noticed that it was moving and I had to keep up my pace so I could follow it. I ran after it and when I got to a large driveway, it had disappeared. I saw a gray building looming in front of me. It was casting a big shadow that covered a few streets at the least. I guessed that this was the mansion that I heard about. I made a mental note of it and then proceeded toward the town hall.
 
When I opened the door of the building I was surprised. I saw a bright and happy environment and everyone was talking and laughing. There was doughnuts and coffee on a big table. It seemed like the workers were having a party. I wondered when they would stop and take notice of me, patiently waiting at the door. I decided to take a seat in a chair and wait until they’d finished.
 
It seemed like almost an hour passed and nobody said anything to me. I was beginning to think they didn’t notice me or they were just ignoring me, hoping I’d have enough sense to leave and come back when they weren’t in the middle of a party. I was really getting annoyed that they didn’t care if I sat and watched them have fun. So I just simply yelled as loud as I possibly could, “People! Do you even notice me, I’ve been here for almost an hour and nobody said anything to me or even handed me a doughnut!”
 
The crowd looked stunned. It was as if an earthquake had just occurred and they were suffering from the aftermath. I didn’t know what to do, maybe I had been too harsh and they’d just kick me out of town or maybe they took it to heart and realized their own mistakes. Then a tall venerable man approached me from out of the crowd. “We are all very sorry to have disrespected you in such a way. You are the chosen one, after all. We give you are greatest apologies. Anyway, you can stay at the vacant house of number 666. It is on the corner streets at the end of the left road.” That is how I arrived into Dimdyle town.
 
 
 
Chapter 6:
 
I made my way to my new house. I found it on the corner, just where the man said it would be. It didn’t have much of a yard though. I noticed a few dead trees at the edge of the path leading up to the door. I could also see bushes underneath the tinted windows. I saw a chimney on the roof and a tiny birdbath on the side of the yard. It was a tiny one, a few baby crows sat on it, drinking the darkened water. The house was okay, but it wasn’t anything great.
 
I opened the door and walked in. I saw a computer and a big TV in the living room. I spotted a couch and a chair. I made my way to the next room. I could see an island in the middle of the kitchen and a counter on the north side. I found a little fridge by the door and a small table. Then, I approached the cupboard door and saw a pin in it. I opened the door and found all types of soups and non-perishable food.
 
When I entered the next room I noticed that it was my bedroom. It had a single bed and a night stand. It also had lamp and a closet. I put my suitcase down and stared out of the window, while sitting on the corner of the bed. As I stared out the window, I started thinking. I wonder if Jake is somehow alive. I mean when he died. Jake and I had been walking to the ice cream shop and when we were heading home he got crushed by the car. When I looked I was sad. As he a breathless corpse lay on the ground before me, I wept tears of the darkest sorrow. It was unbearable to think I’d lost my best friend that day. I had called to people passing us by, but nobody seemed like they had the time to stop. I took out my phone and called 911. The police came and took Jake and I home. He of course went to the hospital. I then, decided that I’d never write stories again. But, of course that’s where this adventure comes in, right? I mean I’m only doing this for two reasons. Reason one is obviously to focus myself on becoming a writer again and reason two is that I wanted to protect the earth from whatever will happen to it. That I why I planned to go on this journey, maybe as I go through it other reasons will surface.
 
After all that thinking I decided to check what time it was. I didn’t have a watch on me and I had no clue where a clock would be. I searched the whole house and I found nothing. I even looked on the TV and I couldn’t see the picture clearly enough. I then remembered that there was a big clock tower. I headed outside into the suddenly, biting cold.
 
I walked down to the front of my driveway and decided to head to the town hall. Either they could tell me the time or give me directions to the clock tower, which was if they still weren’t having that party. I knocked on the door and nobody said anything, so I just walked in all by myself. They were all sleeping on the floor or in chairs. I think they got tired after all that partying they did.
 
With no luck I decided that I would just have to find it myself. I walked down the road and up to the park. I noticed that it was a lot closer, but it wasn’t close enough so I could make out the time. I headed northwest and found myself at the corner deli. I stepped inside and walked up to the front counter, to be greeted by the owner. A disproportioned overweight man sat at the front desk while smoking a cigarette. He said in a gruff southern drawl, “Kid, if you want deli go to the next room in back. I am the cigarette man. You obviously cannot buy one because you’re a kid and kids are minors.” I said thanks to him and then headed to the deli room.
 
The deli room was absolutely different than the smoking room. The smoking room had a black and white checkerboard floor. This room had a yellow and white checkerboard floor instead. Personally, yellow stands out more than black. The walls were different too. The previous room had wood paneled walls. This room used concrete. The rooms even differed in smell. The other room was like a factory of second-hand smoke and this one had a nice cheese and turkey scent.
 
I approached the counter and the lady told me to look around before I talked to her anymore. I went down the aisles scanning every item. Just then, out of the blue a shopping cart came speeding down the aisle. I jumped and fell to avoid getting crushed. I saw it hit the wall that had been behind me. Then, I walked over to it cautiously and moved it away from the wall. There was a hole in the wall, made by the steel cart. I had to be careful, even in this town. I decided to go to the lady and complain that some other customer pushed it at me.
 
When I got to the desk I was in awe. She was gone. I was all alone. One by one the rows of lights turned off. I ran to the door and got out before I was locked in by the automatic locks. I rushed toward the front door, but I fell on a can of soda. I was doomed. The door was locked now. I got up and ran to the door. “No, not today,” I screamed.
 
I dropped to my knees and wept silently for a while. I was locked in, on purpose. The girl told me to look around so she could lock me in and get away with the old guy. How could I have been so stupid? I should’ve known better. I got up and looked around. It was dark, but I could still see things because of the streetlights. I decided I needed to escape this toxic prison. I could smell the smoke going up through my nostrils. I wasn’t sure how long I’d last.
 
I walked around the room, in search of something I could use to break the big display window so I could get out. I decided to try a small metal pole. I lifted it up, it was extremely heavy. I brought it over to the window and lifted it up. I swung it and turned my head. The glass shattered into hundreds of pieces. Good thing I had shoes or I would have cut my feet up terrible. I stepped quickly through the fragments of glass lining the ground. It was a dangerous walk. I stepped through the hole and jumped onto the brick road.
 
I took in numerous breathes and exhaled the smoke out of my lungs. It was scary being in that deli shop and I’d remember it forever. I looked around, it was nighttime. I ran to my house and fell asleep on the couch. I had a busy and frightening day.
 
 
Chapter 7:
 
I woke up the next morning, eager to go complain to the mayor. I got dressed and ate some cereal. I then left the house and proceeded to the town hall. I knocked on the door, so I was being polite. I didn’t get a response, so I knocked louder. I knocked the hardest I could; I knocked so hard it had hurt. I was getting annoyed and decided to just open the door. I pulled it open and saw a room that was very unlike yesterday. There was no party; the walls were dark and bare. The floor had nothing except dust on it. There was not a single person either. It was the strangest thing I’d seen since I had arrived.
 
I decided that it must be their day off. I walked to the nearest house and knocked on the door. Nobody, I opened the door and stepped in. I adjusted my eyes to the dim light. I noticed that all the wood was charred and ash was on the floor. It looked like the house had a fire. I was upset that I couldn’t find anyone, but I surely would in the next house. I stepped out of the building and saw a shadow dash by. I started running and needed to follow that person.
 
I caught up to it near the mansion and grabbed hold of its shirt. It struggled to escape, but I wouldn’t release. It finally gave up after a while and I loosened my grip. I said, “Who are you and why are you following me? Where are all the people, what did you do with them?” “I didn’t do anything at all, quite simply. Just let me go and I’ll be on my way. Please, I really don’t think you should know!” I said in a loud voice, “What do you mean? I want you to tell me or I’ll never let go!” I think he was sad, because immediately after I said that he started bawling. I tried to calm him down, but it wouldn’t work. I was about to drop to my knees and beg for mercy. His cries were pure agony as they ripped my heart open and stabbed a two-sided sword through. On one hand, I didn’t want him to be upset. On the other hand, I still needed him to tell me and for that he needed to be upset enough to spill. I didn’t know what to do.
 
We stood there for a while and then he wiped his tears away from his eyes and started to speak. “Fine, mister I guess I can tell you what happened to me. I live in a house near the far end of town and during the middle of the night I was woken up by a rasping on my thin window glass. It was quite frightening actually, I was about to scream.” He paused for a second and I thought he was going to start crying again. He didn’t and then he cleared his throat and began speaking again. “I slowly made my way out of my bed, taking the sheets off as I went. I almost hypnotized walked toward the widow and then I saw it. It was hideous, a sight I’d never want to see again, mister! It had the palest skin I’ve ever seen, it was almost gray. It was decaying and its eyes were just hollowed spaces in its head. It had the strangest grin on its face, it showed it’s rotted out teeth and they were as sharp as knifes. Mister, you have to believe me, it was disgusting.”
 
I believed him, after those were-wolfs I saw on the mountain I believed any gruesome creature was possible. I wasn’t sure it could be this horrible though. I also wanted to know why he was following me the day before yesterday. I said in my fakest sincerest tone, “I am very sorry to hear that it disturbed you so, you poor thing. I just need to know one more thing; why were you following me the day before you saw it?”
 
“I followed you because I felt an ominous presence in the atmosphere. You were a new face, so I guess I was just a little suspicious. I wanted to see if you were a bad person or not. I can sense people’s auras, you see. I knew that you were a pure soul, but when I saw that other newcomer, I knew he was bad news. He had arrived an hour after you and was holding a briefcase. He looked like he would kill you if you were in his way.”
 
I release the kid and he motioned to me the immense mansion that stood in front of us. “This is the mansion where your greatest fears become real and reality is distorted, don’t fall for any tricks,” he warned me. The creepiest part was that when he finished speaking a cold air surrounded us and then, poof. He had disappeared into thin air. I thought I was seeing things, but I realized he was a ghost.
 
I decided that I had to go inside the mansion. First of course, I would gather supplies and rest. I needed energy to be able to survive the escapade. I walked to the deli that I had been previously held hostage in. I saw that the hole was gone and glass surrounded the building once again. I tried opening the door, it easily slid open as if nothing had happened. Maybe the people came back to it. I realized that couldn’t be true or the lights would be on. I cautiously stepped inside the deli and looked for the light switch. I found it and flipped it on. The room lit up and I could see every detail. I saw the checkerboard floor and I saw the deli room door. I grabbed a pole that was mysteriously lying on the floor and I lifted it up. I swung back and it crashed into the glass. The glass however, did not break at all. It didn’t even dent. I was very confused and decided that I’d better keep banging. I kept hitting for a while and got very irritated after I realized it wouldn’t break.
 
I decided to prop the door open so I wouldn’t be locked in again, like yesterday when the lady and man locked me in. I put the pole against the door so it wouldn’t be trapped. I then proceeded to the deli room. When I entered the deli room I turned the lights on and walked in. I took a grocery bag and opened it up. Then, I went to go searching for any food or other items I would need in the mansion.
 
I walked down the aisle looking for some bread. I found some nice bread in a cool package. It wasn’t expired so I gently placed it into my bag. Then I was hunting for some crackers. I found saltines hidden behind a few cans of soup. I threw it into my bag and went on my way. Through the aisles I went, buying all sorts of things. I took toilet paper, tissues, cheese and turkey. I also took some juice boxes and a pack of paper plates and napkins. I grabbed a medium sized bag and put the groceries in it. I left the store with plenty of things.
 
When I got to my house I went to my bedroom and took my flashlight out of my suitcase. I re-checked my supplies and then I decided to go to sleep. It was only late afternoon, but I had to have plenty of energy for my adventure.
 
 
Chapter 8:
 
I woke up frantically in the middle of the night. I was sweating and panting. I had a nightmare and was very scared. I was in the town and I was being chased by that creature the kid described yesterday. It had cornered me and was slowly walking toward me. When it was two inches away it opened its gnarly mouth and bared its atrocious teeth. I was moving toward my head and that’s when I woke up.
 
I told myself that it was only a nightmare and wasn’t real, but I wasn’t sure. I mean, that kid disappeared right in front of my eyes and I figured out he was a ghost. Also, I didn’t know where all the citizens went. Third, I wasn’t sure why the people at the deli did something so terrible to me. It was a strange town and I never wanted to come back again.
 
I fell asleep and I didn’t wake up until later in the morning. As I got dressed I was looking out of my window. I saw that it was a very blustery day and I didn’t know if I should wear a coat. I knew it was cold and windy outside, but in the mansion it might just slow me down and halt my progress. I decided to take a light spring jacket rather than my winter coat. I put it on and grabbed my bag. I was off to the mansion.
 
I walked down the brick road and thought about what might happen in the mansion. Maybe, I’d see that kid again, because he is a ghost after all. I wasn’t sure what would happen, perhaps I would find the gruesome monster. I could even just find the black gem and nothing else. I wasn’t sure what I would come across.
 
I arrived at the mansion and found the door was wide open. I slowly walked up to the door and turned my flashlight on. I made my way into the mansion. My journey was about to begin.
 
I looked around. I thought I was in the foyer, it was a nice room. I saw a tan couch and a chandelier above the center of the room. I noticed a brick fireplace in the middle of the wall. I walked over to the window and noticed that I couldn’t see anything out of it. I was sure I heard noises as I made my way to the fireplace, wicked laughter. I looked around the room and wasn’t sure what to do. I had no clue, where the black gem was.
 
I walked up the stairs and found a bag on the floor. I picked it up and opened it. I was amazed! I found $1,000 about. I held it in my hands and thought of all the things I could do with it. I even put it up to my nose and smelled it. I didn’t know what to do with it, and then I remembered that the kid said not to be tricked by the ghosts. I immediately dropped the money and it turned into a spider. I threw a book at it and then it screeched. It was dead and I quickly ran past it. I was more aware of my surroundings after that incident.
 
I walked down the hallway, humming and irritating tune to myself. I was a little excited being in this situation where I got to go to a haunted house. I was anxious to find the gem and I didn’t want to have to find any more creepy things. It was a long hall and I started seeing an outline of a door at the end of the hall. I felt a presence as I approached the door.
 
When I reached out and grabbed the door-handle, I felt a chill surge through my body. I twisted the door open and peered into the room. I could see a grand piano in the center of the room. I was a little bit freaked out that it was being played. I feared that behind the piano I would find the monster of even the kid. I went to the piano and said, “Spirits, reveal your-selves to those who seek.” I don’t know why I said that, but I’m sure it had an effect n something. I saw a green light arise from behind the piano. It was the most disgusting thing I’d ever seen in my whole life. It was so creepy that I almost fled from the building like it caught on fire.
 
I saw a figure appearing from the mist and I was frightened. It looked just as the kid described it. Its eyes were just hollowed out holes near the top of its head and its teeth were as sharp as knives. It was terrible and it was even worse when it started moaning. I wasn’t sure what to do, I could try to run past it and see if there was another room ahead. I noticed a small head peering out behind and I shouted, “You, it’s you that kid who I met in the yard of the mansion. You are evil and you are behind all of this!”
 
He slowly rose out of the chair and his eyes turned into flames. He had a red glow surrounding him. He looked very mad and he was scaring me. I didn’t know what to do; I was standing in front of a monster and the ghost. He was the ghost that everyone was scared of, he haunted the town. He started raising his hands and letting out a ghastly laugh. I backed up against the wall, waiting for my demise. He formed a ball of light in his hands and started raising his hand back. He threw it at me and I quickly dodged it. I wasn’t sure how long I’d last against such a formidable enemy. He got me cornered and I knew I was doomed.
 
Just when he was about to finish me, he stopped mid-blow. He opened his mouth in agonizing pain. I saw the monster stab him in the back and then a bright light cloaked the pair. I closed my eyes to avoid the blinding light. It was like the sun and I tightened my eyes as it continued to blind me.
 
In a few moments, the light wore away and I opened my eyes. They were gone and I was in utter amazement. I saw a note on the floor and i picked it up.
 
It read: Hello, if you are reading this it means that you beat the ghost and freed me from my dark imprisonment. I am in your debt forever. I will give you a hint for your success on your mission. You will find it in the back room.
 
      -Your friend Jake Triosava
P.S. – Meet me in the Daroshi Desert.
 
I was in shock; it was signed by Jake Triosava. He was my friend who got hit by that car a few years ago. I didn’t know what to do; maybe it really was him, somehow. Or maybe it was a trick and the ghost wanted me to think that he was alive, so he could get my hopes up. I wasn’t about to let my guard down, just because of a piece of paper with my friends name on it.
 
I decided to look for the backroom and I headed to the back of the room. I saw a door and opened it. I saw a room with nothing in it. All I saw was a wood floor and a wooden wall. I was suspicious because I saw a plank of wood sticking up. I lifted the wood up and shone my flashlight over it. I saw a glistening piece of something. I grabbed it and realized that I found the black gem. I just had to leave the mansion and get back to my house.
 
I walked out of the room and down the stairs where I found the spider at first. I made it back to the foyer and I sprinted out the door. It was almost night and I had to go to bed. I still had one mystery to deal with at Dimdyle town. I didn’t know where the people went.
 
 
Chapter 9:
 
I woke up the next morning, eager to find the people. I got dressed and ate breakfast. I walked outside and went to the town hall. On my way, I heard voices and I noticed a door closing as a walked by. I wasn’t sure what was going on. I made it to the town hall and was surprised.
 
I opened the door and saw a huge party going on. All the people were celebrating and there was a sign that said, “You saved us.” I knew they were talking about me. I walked in and they said, “Thank-you child you are a miracle worker.” They started clapping and chanting. We celebrated and I showed them the black gem. They were a great host and I even received a goodie bag. I left with nothing but excitement.
 
I decided to go to the entrance to town. I wanted to see if the agents were there to pick me up and whisk me away to another location. I saw a note on the ground when I made it to the entrance. I was very similar to the other one that they left me at the mountain lodge. It said, “Go to the Daroshi Desert and find the yellow gem.”
 
I decided to go to the airport. I walked over to the bus terminal at the edge of town. I was leaving town with my small suitcase. I waited for the next bus and hoped in. I told the bus driver that I wanted to go to the airport. I was driven away and soon made my way to the airport.
 
When I arrived at the airport, I gave the man some money and hopped off. I walked into the airport and asked if I could go on a flight to the desert. It was on the other side of the world and I was going to be on the plane for a few hours. At first they said no, but then I told them that I was on a mission. They decided to let me go right away. In a private jet and I was going to be there in about 2 hours.
 
When I got to the jet I decided to carry my luggage with me on the jet. I hopped in and we flew away. I sat in the back seat with my feet up. I watched the scenery as we passed it by. We were going about 312 miles per hour. It was insane, I could barely see anything. I didn’t know how he could drive the jet at such a speed. I decided to make myself a sandwich with the stuff I got from the deli. It was a good sandwich and I savored every bite, probably because I hadn’t eaten for a day or two.
 
We soon landed in a airport. I took my luggage and left the jet. I saw a sign, I was in Sardai City. It was a big Asian city and I saw huge buildings surrounding the airport. Fast food restaurants and malls made some of the bigger buildings. I walked out into the city. I saw some paper lanterns and noticed some kiosks in the middle of the road. It was very oriental.
 
I made my way to a small hotel on the outskirts of town. I walked in and requested a room. They didn’t speak good English or even understand it. I had trouble making out the owners words. He gave me a key and the assistant led me to my room. I walked in and set my suitcase down. I noticed that all I had for a bed was a mat on the floor. I saw a television set and a little fridge. I walked over and opened the door. It was cold and I saw a few rice balls. I could see sushi, too. It was a nice room and I decided to immediately head out in search for the gem, tomorrow.
 
When it started to get dark outside, I decided to go find something good to eat, better than sushi or rice. I walked out of the hotel and onto the heavily congested streets. I saw many people and it looked very calm. I went to the nearest McDonald’s. I went inside an ordered a double-cheeseburger and a soda. I sat at a table eating my food when a teenage boy came up to me. He wasn’t Asian; he looked American. “Hey dude, I came from America just like you. I saw you go on the jet and I got here a few hours later. I wanted to go and be on your adventure. It sounds really cool.” I looked at him for a few moments and told him solemnly, “You can come with me , but you have to promise not to get in my way. Remember you’d be putting your life in danger just to help me.”  He promised and we both went back to the hotel together.
 
When we got to the hotel I asked him his name. “I’m Jake Avasoirt,” he told me. His last name sounded odd. It seemed familiar in a way. I didn’t have time to think about it, we were on a mission tomorrow.
 
Chapter 10:
 
I woke up the next morning and Jake was already dressed. He seemed highly focused and ready for anything. We ate breakfast at a pancake shop and then headed to the desert. It was a long walk and I was happy that I had company on this trip. I looked at the barren landscape as we traveled across the sand. It was a dry place and we saw a few cactuses. It was a weird trip, having someone walking beside you during the whole thing. The last time that happened was on the mountain a week or two ago. I saw a nice and clear sky; good weather today.
 
When we had gotten tired we stopped for a break. We stood and drank a little water that we packed for the trip. I scanned the horizon and saw nothing but sand and sky. I didn’t know what to do, I had no idea where the gem might have been located. I looked at Jake and he seemed happy. I wondered what had happened for him to be coming with me; I knew he must’ve had parents. Maybe, he was mad at them and wanted to get away for a while.
 
Thinking about that made me wonder about how my mom was doing. My dad got divorced with her when I was about 3 and I had barely any recollection of what he was like. I always wondered about him. I thought about what my mom might be doing right then. I knew I’d see her again in a few months though.
 
We had been walking again and I could see a faint outline on the horizon. Maybe it was a mirage, but maybe it really was a pyramid. As we approached it I could see the shape more clearly. Jake noticed it too, “Hey dude, do you think that pyramid might have your gem in it. If it does, we’ll have to be careful. It looks pretty big and we might get lost.” I assured him we wouldn’t get lost as long as we stayed together.
 
As we approached it we saw the sand was moving underneath our feet. Then, from out of nowhere a giant snake appeared. It bared its fangs and shot its tongue out. Jake looked like he was going to wet himself, I was too. It was huge and I could see down its throat. If we got swallowed, we’d never get out. I suggested to Jake that we’d better run away. We sped away and the snake followed close behind. It was pretty slow, but we were getting a little bit tired as we went on. We rounded the cactus and we had a plan. I knew that we were both thinking the same thing. We went in separate directions; it was risky, but it was all we could think of. It didn’t know what to do and it got very confused. I could see the expression in its face as it fell over. It was covered in dusty scales and I was about to laugh. It was ridiculous to see a huge snake die by two kids.
 
We didn’t want to wait for it to come back and gulp us down. We immediately left it and returned to our trip to find the yellow gem. The pyramid was closer now and we could see the door. I looked at Jake and thought I sensed something familiar about him. I thought I’d met him before; but that was impossible. He had no recollection of who I was, so why did I?
 
When we got to the door we were distraught; it was tightly shut. We would never be able to get the yellow gem and we traveled so far to just turn back. I was looking to see if there was a handle or something sticking out of the door. I found nothing. Jake shouted to me, “Hey, come here I found a vase. I think it might be the way in.” I walked over to him and looked at the vase. It was a crimson color and had sapphires engraved into the top. I thought about stealing it, to make some money on the side. Then I just decided to pick it up to feel it. I grabbed it with my greedy eyes fixed on those precious gems. I looked like I was going to swallow it whole. Jake started looking nervous and I decided to see what was bothering him. His eyes were gazing at the door, as it slowly rose from the ground and disappeared inside the stone. We could get in now.
 
We purposely walked into the pyramid. It was all stone and very dark. We turned our flashlights on to see what we were up against. I could see a intersection a little bit further up and we walked to it. Now, we weren’t sure which way to go. We decided that Jake could keep track of what paths we had been down and I would make sure we didn’t get lost. We did rock paper scissors and we chose to go left. I cautiously led the way down the hall. It was dark and we almost tripped a few times, but eventually we made it to a door.
 
This door unlike the one outside opened with a little push. We entered the room ready for a dead end. We didn’t find one, but we found a few vases lined against the walls. I saw more gems on these vases than the other one outside. I gently picked one up and then dropped it. It shattered into shiny pieces. The spiders crawled out of the rubble and scurried towards us; we quickly side-stepped it. It had very sharp fangs and crawled away, never to be seen again.
 
I could tell that Jake didn’t expect that to happen. He was glancing nervously at me. I think he was scared of spiders. Anyways I decided not to pick up any more vases and we headed back down the hall.
 
We chose to go to the right next. Once we made it down this hall, we noticed that there were two doors. I decided that we should each go into a separate room, so we could get done faster. I went into the left room and Jake went in the other. I was astounded with what I found in the room. It was a picture painted on the wall. It depicted a yellow diamond shape above a mummy’s casket. I assumed that this was the yellow gem I was looking for, I just had to find the tomb.
 
I heard a shriek from the other room, my heart started pounding. It was Jake; I had to help him. I agilely ran out of the room and sprang into the other. I saw Jake sprawled out on the floor; writhing with pain. I hurried over to him to see what the matter was. He said, “Look out for the scorpion. It took me by surprise. I’ll see you again someday.” He then died, I guess. I was upset that I had lost a new friend to a scorpion, but at least I’d know to look out for it. I slowly left the room, thinking of the person I’d never get to know.
 
I decided to stop moping and find the yellow gem. I went back to the intersection and went to the only hall I hadn’t been to yet. I saw a bejeweled door and I guessed that this was the tomb of the ruler of this desert. I stepped in and flashed my light around; I had to be careful of the scorpion. It would probably kill me, like Jake if it found me.
 
I could see a few coffins and a big painting on the wall. I noticed something small scurry by as I walked towards the ruler’s coffin. I slid the lid off and found a mummy and a yellow gem. I carefully reached over and took the yellow gem. I put it into my pocket and headed out the door. I noticed a small thing crawl by as I walked out of the hallway. I was almost out of the tomb when I heard a crash. I didn’t know what it was and I didn’t care. I just wanted to get out of this desert. I wanted to, but I couldn’t yet.
 
I had gotten to the door when I realized that I should’ve cared about the crash. The door had fallen back down and I was trapped inside the pyramid, with the scorpion. I had to get out, I would have an encounter with the scorpion if I didn’t. I ran my fingers along the solid stone. I couldn’t make out any indentations in it. I knew I was trapped, just like at the deli; except this was stone and not glass. It wasn’t going to break if I hit it; I was trapped. I was frightened as to what would happen to me, I’d probably end up like Jake and if I didn’t I’d die of starvation.
 
I decided to just sit down and die. I was dead and depressed. I feel to the ground and started sobbing, I was doomed. I stayed like that for maybe a hour. I then felt a scratching on my arm. Startled, I sprung up. It was the scorpion; it had been rubbing affectionately on me. I slowly stepped back and observed the creature. It was small and red and had black beady eyes. I petted it on the head and it just purred. It was like a little kitten. I knew that this mustn’t have killed Jake. It was too harmless. I figured out that he was lying. I didn’t know who he was for a moment. I felt he was a complete stranger, he was actually. I had just met him yesterday, but we’d been through so much. Why would he lie to me?  He didn’t even tell me who and where his parents were. I knew something was fishy about him, he was bad.
 
Me and the scorpion decided to find him, of course the scorpion had to stay in the shadows of the crypt; we didn’t want him to get hurt. I headed down the hall and to the room I had found Jake on the floor. He wasn’t there to my surprise. I found a piece of parchment. I lifted the grainy paper off the stone floor. I read it and was in disbelief. It said that Jake Triosava was being held captive in the forest temple. I did a re-read and that is exactly what it said. I had to get to him, first of all though I had to find a way out of this desert. I headed back to the entrance.
 
As I made my way to the door, my scorpion buddy ran to me. He peeped and pointed his stinger toward the door. He wanted me to go to it, I think. I walked to the door and he hopped off of me. Then, he crawled into a small crack in the wall and went outside. I heard a bang and then the door opened. He saved me and I was grateful. I had a bit of health bar left in my backpack and I broke it into small pieces and gave it to him. After he was finished eating the meal, he chirped and crawled away, through the desert he went. Maybe, our paths would cross again sometime. I sure hoped so.
 
 
Chapter 11:
 
I had escaped from the pyramid with the yellow gem and a new scorpion pal. I decided I had to find the forest temple. I headed back to Sardai city. I made my way to the hotel and devoured some succulent shrimp. After I wiped the sauce from my mouth and threw my trash away, I asked the manager if he knew where the temple was. He told me that it was past the other side of town and I should head south. He offered me a Sudoku puzzle book to keep me busy as I traveled to the shrine, but I declined his offer; I was never good at Sudoku as much as I tried.
 
As I walked to the other side of town I noticed that there were more people than when I had arrived a few days ago. I thought the tourist season must be booming now. I saw the end of town, where the path to the temple began. I noticed some birds flying and some fish in the surrounding ponds. I walked down the stone path and I saw the entrance of the temple appearing. It was like a monastery type building. I liked these old Asian types of buildings. It was like those movies with the kung fu and the monks and Buddha.
 
I noticed a figure in the upper window right below the roof. I was sure this must be the mastermind that has my friend captive.              
 
 

© 2009 Awesomewriter


Author's Note

Awesomewriter
please if i have any spelling or gramatical errors tell me. Do you think i should continue writing this story?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on February 19, 2009

Author

Awesomewriter
Awesomewriter

CT



About
i like to write, obviosly. I like music too. Like to go on youtube alot. more..