Watching You

Watching You

A Poem by vash1492
"

For the daughters in my life All of you Mine, yours, your friends

"
I feel the sea, it's majesty and splendour, the endless dance of predator vs prey pulsating, undulating below me.
I feel the sky, teaming with clouds of ravenous insects bringing life and energy to tiny featherless infants nestled in homes of twigs and twine high above me.
I feel the warmth of a compost heap, burning with the energy and life it creates, snuggling and caressing the earth, nourishing the seeds of flora and fauna beside me.
I feel the fire of passion, two bodies entwined in comfort and sensation, judgement-less and giving, fulfilling and carrying gratification to the ever-hungry mind within me.
I look at you, full of life, full of youth, full of s**t as you pretend to suffer for the value of your peers, vying for sympathy and attention.
I wonder when awareness arrived, and when you will attain it.
I watch as you throw away your freedom of self and self respect all in the name of popularity and self-deluded awareness, understanding it's necessity, yet wanting to deprive you of its pain.
I see your cries for love and acceptance as you desperately attempt to stand out from the rest; all the while knowing full well how silly you look, I keep my thoughts my own.
I watch as you tell the world of your pain through ever more ridiculous attire and design, your attempt to become someone you aren't, desperate for individuality- you become what you despise.
Your notebooks have the symbols of life and religion upon them without the understanding of appropriation... or its dangers.
I see your desperate attempt to become whatever it is that you seek, all the while conforming to your idea of nonconformity. I scream inwardly, and sob for you as you fail to become your idealised self.
I watch as you become another brick, mortared down with the concrete of rejection.
Another lost cause.
Another lost girl.
Come sit by me.
I've been there.

© 2017 vash1492


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
B
For one second there i felt like you saw yourself
often we worry about our youth
with all the pressure placed on them
they struggle to survive as an individual and not another face in the crowd

very intense
well done

Posted 6 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
I've been that girl myself. You captured it beautifully. I loved it.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
2 Reviews
Added on April 17, 2017
Last Updated on April 17, 2017
Tags: Daughters, acceptance, love

Author

vash1492
vash1492

Chicagoland , IL



About
I am no one I wonder, sometimes, if I am program, programmed to believe I exist when nothing exists at all. more..

Writing