H Christ

H Christ

A Poem by lee von cleef
"

Merry Christmas

"
Christ ,his second coming,
hidden in our plain view,
a pattern felt in our hearts,
Unseen by misty wanting    eyes.Black
Our future pasted on billboards scraping the fenders of our soul,
lemmings lined up nascar roaring past.
Jewels so plentiful in our country,look around ...
TV's decorating a house,wrist ,ankle, finger, nose, ear, neck.... diamonds....
Adorn our empty hearts.
Mass marketed to be your seducer,your singular, your special zipper into her...
Heart...
Mass a market to be the mystery, a second bomb to maim the selfless heroes and gaukers...
Liquid emotion speckles bantam breasts,
Pitter patter on to brainless, reckless, careless, timeless,
loveless.......Epiphany .


Yep you are a hundred dollar inspiration, Thank you for the sardine can key.


© 2012 lee von cleef


Author's Note

lee von cleef
"Eraser 11 am" a perfect poem in a indifferent world.Thank you, Muse aka pretty HATE machine.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
X
"TV's decorating a house,wrist ,ankle, finger, nose, ear, neck.... diamonds....
Adorn our empty hearts."

Love this line, and oh so true for how our society is. The values are completely out of wack and you do a great job capturing that through your take at a second coming. Well done

X

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

giving bling to the world; a misdirection. Always wondered what the 'H' stood for.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Love the title. There is alot to digest here, profound verse. " Our future pasted on billboards scraping the fenders of our soul, lemmings lined up nascar roaring past". (could we be the little critters at the cliff? "Mass a market to be the mystery" an allusion to a church mass or has mass market has become another "great mystery of our faith," or something else altogether? At any rate, I'd rather feel the wisdom singing between the words. excellent!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Lee that ending was powerful, but subtle. I love when poets see the value in changing the tone, direction and pace of the poem. It's more in line with how people think, thus more authentic. Good piece

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

lee von cleef

11 Years Ago

thank you again Diego.A pleasure to have your time.
thank you for sharing!

I feel the spirit of Christmas here in the Philippines and hope you feel it too,,,,
keep writing such like this inspirational poem especially this Christmas!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'M SPEECHLESS!!!! you're such a creative writer....thank you for sharing this poem.....Merry Christmas lee von cleef....

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It is a gem to be inspired by the work of another poet, and your take of the poem is perfect! Far too many have become indifferent to the real message of hope, and love and the true spirit of Christmas so I applaud you for reminding us once again of the recipe for all ills of the world!! Please keep sharing messages as this, and be inspired to release the full joy of one who believes in the divine!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

it's just like christmas..the real meaning is long gone...with the lines at the checkout as we buy umpteen gifts...and get more and more materialized...

instead of spiritualized...we love our neighbor on Christmas eve and hate him the next day.

as joan osborne sang..."what if god was one of us, a slob like one of us"

he could be in our midsts and we'd never know...we are too caught up in all the wrong stuff.

shame shame...this poem is quite powerful in its message, and presentation.

nice metaphors...did you mean "scrapping" or "scraping"?

wish we would have an epiphany and wake up.

jacob

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

lee von cleef

11 Years Ago

Good eye ,thank you, thank you for reading,I was shooting at pulling off some Religious bed sheets,I.. read more
jacob erin-cilberto

11 Years Ago

yes, you did...yanked them pretty hard...

i like your pen name also...being a big spa.. read more
Well written poem. A great deal of truth and so many unique and powerful lines. "Christ ,his second coming,
hidden in our plain view,
a pattern felt in our hearts,"
Applaud the emptiness seen herein:
"Our future pasted on billboards scrapping the fenders of our soul,
lemmings lined up nascar roaring past."
I favorite this so I will read it again and again--it deserves no less.
Jewels so plentiful in our country,look around ...
TV's decorating a house,wrist ,ankle, finger, nose, ear, neck.... diamonds....
Adorn our empty hearts."


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

lee von cleef

11 Years Ago

Time ,you again have given,precious time,thank you.
I hope I was just a source of positive inspiration..not disgust or some sort of religious conflict. Perhaps I write the way I do to get others to appreciate what blessings they do have. I can taste the metal in my mouth when I write.....I gag on my own words at times. Some say it's a gift...but I don't think so some days. I for some reason see the beauty in ugly. To me...it signifies the importance of renewal. I also want to remind people that "ugliness".... like "beauty" can be skin deep. And I'm tired of people who are acting self-righteous. We all have horrible thoughts....I'm just one of the few brave enough to write about them.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

lee von cleef

11 Years Ago

Brave! Our Hero,Keep standing us on our lazy minds...we need it.
Jesus is not in our televisions, books, churches or homes... he exists in one place, our hearts.

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

362 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 5, 2012
Last Updated on December 6, 2012
Tags: Blackeyes, God, NASCAR

Author

lee von cleef
lee von cleef

AR



About
Good morning,Thank you for stopping by. I like to write,I like to layer a story into a poem,I want to crack through to the reader,add emotion to life, theirs and mine. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..