Nursing Home

Nursing Home

A Poem by lee von cleef

Sad way to starve,
 a mind ,
 a body,
The love of life,
Melts,
But the chairs roll,
 and slippers smooth the halls empty memories.
Because who wants to look in a mirror and Die ,



honest  ?

© 2014 lee von cleef


Author's Note

lee von cleef
Asymmetrical information, will take your love.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review




Reviews

Potent, and thoughtful. I am thinking about this piece in not just a detached /reader way, but trying to slip myself in front of that mirror, too. Memory is the link to everything that makes you You, sever that and you are lost, lost in a world that is devoid of all past love, all sense of self. Imagine, being pulled into the abyss slowly one day at a time and not being able to put your finger on why are you are hurting so much, why your love has nothing ––– nobody, to connect to....
I think I've said this before. It's why I write. Because one day, I won't be able to remember. It is why, I document.


Diego


Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A very touching and marvelous poem on this subject. The love of life is slipping away in those nursing homes. Thank you for sharing...:)............

Posted 9 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

this hits hard...my folks are in their 90's---and barely surviving with in home help...but they are just one roll, one slipper step away from this...i pray they can die in their own home...that is what they want ...
the forgetfulness is the biggest worry.

only time will tell.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

the chairs roll and slippers smooth the halls, empty memories.
this one touches me deeply. Lost my grandma to alzheimers....

Posted 9 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

lee von cleef

9 Years Ago

thank you, my mom the same way.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

203 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 25, 2014
Last Updated on August 25, 2014

Author

lee von cleef
lee von cleef

AR



About
Good morning,Thank you for stopping by. I like to write,I like to layer a story into a poem,I want to crack through to the reader,add emotion to life, theirs and mine. more..

Writing