Otherworld

Otherworld

A Story by patrickmaloney
"

the fourth chapter in the epic of Andre Otherton

"

 

As the immortal and last hunter in existence, Andre Otherton woke up from another nightmare about his brother. he noticed someone in his apartment. A man with dark skin and even darker hair on his arms and legs on the parts he could see with the stranger wearing shorts and no shoes. The stranger's arms and legs being disproportionately thinner than they should be. His nails being long, sharp and jagged. The stranger's teeth being the same.  He than notice the glowing brown eyes of his long time enemy, John Christy.

 

"What is stopping me from killing right here?" Andre asked slamming the skin walker into a wall.

"I need your help," John responded.

"With what?" Andre asked with a look of utter shock in his face.

"You remember Jeff the Demi God, right?" John asked.

"Yes, what about him?" Andre responded.

"Well, someone is trying to get him out of Vell," John said.

"Who?" Andre asked. "Why?"

"The only person I know who is going to be there is a telepath who people say is the best in the world," John responded. "His name is Robert Brackett,"

"How do you even know this is going to happen?" Andre asked.

"Have I ever been unreliable?" John questioned. 

"Why do you need my help, what do you want me to do?" Andre asked. "Can't you get your lackeys to help you?"

"I hear the people are stronger than anything in the world," he said smirking. "Except the last hunter and I just want you to help me get to Jeff before Rob and his people can,"

"How do you expect us to get there?" Andre asked.

"Leave that to me," John responded pushing Andre off of him. He walks to the door of the apartment and recites an enchantment of a dead language that Andre never heard of or forgot about. After John is done he opens the door and instead of the hall that should have been there, there was the dead home planet of John and Andre, Vell.

"How did you learn how to do that?" Andre asked.

"Something I learned from killing the devil and taking his form," John replied. "I learned that and I was disfigured," he said referencing his arms, legs, nails and teeth.

"Disfigured?" Andre asked.

"After I transformed into the devil, I transformed into the person you see before you and I couldn't change into anyone else," John explained.

"Well, thats what you get for messing with the devil," Andre responded while entering Vell. When both of them got onto the planet, John shut the door and they started walking searching for the Demi God. After walking a mile Andre and John are pushed back by a force and knocked onto the ground. When Andre looked up he saw a tall man with glowing orange eyes standing over both of them.

"ROBERT!" John said with a hunger in his voice. Andre noticed John's eyes were glowing as bright as they were when he was fighting the devil. John quickly got up and punched Robert. Robert falls to the ground when John's fist makes contact.

Robert flicked his wrist and sent John flying about two miles.

"Crap, he's probably dead now," Andre thought, remembering that now he is in a place where he isn't suppose to be he doesn't have his powers.

Andre got up swiftly and dashed at Robert and tackled him. Andre and Robert both fell to the ground. Andre got on top of Robert. Robert swiftly gave Andre two punches which knocked him off Robert. Robert got up and Andre grabbed at him. Andre looked into Robert's eyes and noticed that they weren't their regular glowing orange eyes. Robert's left eye was fully green and his right eye was fully purple.

"Only two will survive," Robert said in the same sharp and subtle tone that David used when he was in the same state as Robert was right now. Robert shakes his head and his eyes go back to normal. Andre lifts his leg and kicks Robert in his stomach. Robert falls to the green ground.

"Where is Jeff, Robert?" Andre asked.

"We haven't found him, yet." Robert replied. He slowly got back on his feet and walked up to Andre. After standing there for a while Robert gave a swift punch to his right eye. Andre swiftly tackles Robert to the ground. As Robert and Andre were wrestling around the ground Robert gave Andre two swift punches.

Both Robert and Andre got up. Andre looked around and felt sadness that this barren wasteland was his home once. That this hell was once the great planet, Vell. All the people that betrayed him.

As Andre turned around he saw that Robert eyes were different colors but this time his left eye was fully brown and his right eye was fully purple.

"Only two will survive," he said again.

"Snap out of it," Andre commanded while serving a swift punch to Robert's face. Robert shook his head.

"What happened?" Robert asked.

"You were doing that same thing as you were before," Andre responded. "What do you see when you black out like that?" he asked.

"Nothing," Robert responded worriedly.

"Tell me," Andre said. "I can help,"

"How?" Robert asked.

"I'm an expert in these sort of things," Andre responded.

"I see three men and one women," Robert sighed. "One dressed in brown, one in purple, one in yellow and one in green,"

"That's strange," Andre responded.

"You're telling me," Robert said sarcastically.

"How many times has this happened?" Andre asked.

"This is the first time," Robert responded.

"Do you recognize any of the people?" Andre asked.

"Not a single one," Robert replied.

"Strange..." Andre said. He was interrupted by John striking Robert on the head. Robert quickly got up and punched Andre.

Andre looked at John and noticed his clothes were all torn up and his body was cover with cuts and smeared blood.

"Crap, we don't have our powers here," Andre thought. While Andre was distracted Robert punched him in the head. Andre fell to the ground. He saw a rock lying beside him. He picked it and quickly threw it at Robert's head. As soon the rock hit his left eye he put his hand over it. When Robert took away from his eye Andre could see the crimson flowing out of it.

Robert put his hand out and Andre felt a great force on his chest pushing him to the ground. Andre looked to John and saw that his left eye was fully purple and his right eye was fully yellow.

"Only two will survive," John muttered.

"What do you plan on doing with Jeff if you get him?" Andre asked Robert trying to distract himself from John.

"We plan on bringing about the end of days," Robert replied. Andre was shocked that he just said that.

Robert used the time Andre was distracted to rise him up in the air and slam him down into the dirt.

As Andre moved around on the ground Robert moved closer. Andre used the time he was on the ground to grab a rock and throw it at Robert. As soon as the rock hit Robert in the stomach he dropped to the green dirt. Andre got to his feet and walked to Robert.

"Good, now finish him," John said now out of his trance.

"Why?" Andre asked. "We have him. We don't need to kill him,"

"Did I forget to mention that he was part of the species that destroyed our world," John replied. "The world you stand in the ruins of. The once brillant planet, Vell." As soon as Andre heard this all kinds of feelings rushed through

his mind. He grabbed Robert's shirt collar.
"No," Andre replied. He turned away from Robert and stared at John.
"Fine," replied John. "I guess I have to everything myself," Before Andre could do anything John pulled out a knife and threw it at Robert's throat. Blood start splurting out of Robert's throat and didn't stop until he fell limp to the floor. John walked past Andre and to the body. He kneeled next to it and put his hand on Robert's forehead.
 "Why did you do that for?" Andre asked. When John wouldn't answer he walked over to him and put his hand on his shoulder. When he put his hand on John's shoulder John turned around and showed his eyes and smiled. It was than that Andre noticed that his eyes were glowing orange.

© 2009 patrickmaloney


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on September 10, 2009

Author

patrickmaloney
patrickmaloney

caemel, NY



About
i love life, courtney nicole harshbarger(is the most amazing girl i have ever met and i thank god every day i am luck enough to spend with her), burgers, classic rock, tv, my xbox 360 and good movies .. more..

Writing
Re-Do Re-Do

A Story by patrickmaloney