Yet Another Gone

Yet Another Gone

A Story by Shadow Walker
"

"It has been said that the worst part about aging and getting old is that you see friends die around you, the problem is that when those people say this they are like sixty, so what happens when your twenty and your friends begin to die"

"

t wasAugust 31, 2007 that I wept yet once Again for a Friend that Has died. He was in the army and he was killed in a helo coppter crash in Iraq. The worst thing was that I could not even see his face again. It was a closed coffin service. He was the son of a local fire chief. There were departments from a tri County area.

     You know for some one who has been to these funerals before it never gets old. The motor cade passing through the towns to do a final pass and driving no faster than twenty five miles per hour. When you stand in front of that coffin looking at it like you want to stare through it just too see his face again and then the emotion hits you my mother and I then steped back from the coffin after say the lords prayer and the roseray. She was in her Naval uniform and she rendered the salute.

     Its hard to see this it really is to see someone barely older than me DEAD. Well It happens as my mother said what they taught her in command school Rule one son young men and women Die Rule two son We can never change Rule one. Morbid way of putting it but it is true its very true.

      Well we stand there outside now at the cementary honor guard and distingushed guest still present and then the lords prayer from the Chaplin and then the taps and amaxzing grace on the pipes. Then the two most somber and bone chilling remberance there is the Rifel Salute and then the honor Guard folds the Flag thirteen times into a Triangle and then then Sergant of the Guard walks to the mother clasping both hands together with the flag in the center of the flag he states on behalf of the president of the untide states and the Untied states Army Do you accept this flag? The mother then weeps as she nods and accepts. Thats it that is all she has to remember him that Flag and some Photos.

© 2008 Shadow Walker


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on February 7, 2008

Author

Shadow Walker
Shadow Walker

Willoughby, OH



About
I am a Line cook, nursing student, , a Writer, Poet, and I am a Romancer. I was Raised to be very open minded and that I am my views and my feelings are like no other. I believe to live life to the f.. more..

Writing