Chaos Theory

Chaos Theory

A Story by Shadow Walker

''You're not talking to your fish,'' the chef moans. I hear the moan from the other side of the kitchen.

There is mayhem all around. A nonstop circus of people appear and disappear through swinging doors. The expediter yells: ''Ordering: two hamachi, three skate, a bass and a halibut à la carte. Ordering: one crab salad -- make that two -- two crab salads, two sardines and a finnan haddie on the fly.''

Cooks are everywhere, spinning, dodging and stretching their way across vast distances to reach plates, spoons and garnishes. Chef's whites suddenly blur into a mountain of vanilla ice cream. I'm rushing now, fumbling for pans.

But the expediter, who calls out the orders, will not stop: ''Waiters, pick up Table 7. Hello? Waiters. Here we go, waiters!'' He screams in a tattoo of insistence that cuts through the kitchen's screech and hurry. ''One snapper, two veal, three is a duck -- I'm holding a duck. Where's my goddamn duck? Ladies and gentlemen, the duck. Now. Please.''

SO This Is my Job What do you do

© 2008 Shadow Walker


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Shadow Walker
This is the best description of my job that I could Come up with

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on February 7, 2008

Author

Shadow Walker
Shadow Walker

Willoughby, OH



About
I am a Line cook, nursing student, , a Writer, Poet, and I am a Romancer. I was Raised to be very open minded and that I am my views and my feelings are like no other. I believe to live life to the f.. more..

Writing