The Chaotic 24

The Chaotic 24

A Story by Shadow Walker
"

"Saint (n.) A dead sinner revised and edited.

"

   So its twenty four hours before our kitchen opens. One Hundred and Ninty five pounds must be sliced, It must be sliced Not too thin and Not too thick. Over sixty loafs of rye bread must be pre buttered for toasting and in Each loaf there are twenty pieces of bread. If you do the Math that is about 1200 Pieces of bread. In the the stock must be four Five gallon buckets of pickles cut. I must make sure that Everything thing is ready There will be Two case of ribs that must be cut roughly each case has four hundred individual ribs that over Eight hundred ribs must be Basted and stored.

 

  The Restraunt will open at 11AM And the kitchen will not close until 11:30pm I have to be there no later than 7:45AM and will leave at one or tw o'clock in the morning. At around 10:45am all the people begin to flock and by noon there will be wall to wall people and The food wait will range from five to forty five to an hour and a half minutes. This is what I like to call Organized Chaos and Hell on Earth. If you work in a restraunt you know where I am coming from Its saint Patty's day He drove the Snakes out of Ireland and into all the bars. The rush will not end until the Kitchen closes. This is it no one can Save you You pray you get a smoke break in or maybe a beer or a shot of bourbon or two to ease the strees but good luck. Hopefully you will remeber your flask or maybe your fellow cooks might have something.

 

Chef De Partie

 

Alexander R. Walker

© 2008 Shadow Walker


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on March 16, 2008

Author

Shadow Walker
Shadow Walker

Willoughby, OH



About
I am a Line cook, nursing student, , a Writer, Poet, and I am a Romancer. I was Raised to be very open minded and that I am my views and my feelings are like no other. I believe to live life to the f.. more..

Writing