vanilla twilight

vanilla twilight

A Story by ghost writer
"

sorry, kinda rushed the work

"

Jean shivered as she stepped out of the aeroplane. the cold air conditioning of the airport was hugely contrasting to the warm manilan air that she had just left behind not a few hours ago. she pulled the bacpack straps tighter, and stepped into the immigration queue. the security guards looked so stern! she felt an involuntary shiver pass up and down her spine as the immigration official looked up into her face. his incompassionate glare was colder than the surrounding air, and Jean could have sworn, for that one second, water crystals were forming in her exhaled air.

 

an eternity seemed to pass before the man took a chop, and with the staccatto stamp of a marching heel, pressed the chops vigorously on her passport and impatiently motioned her forward. Jean felt the air escape her lungs in a warm rush, and she went on to claim her luggage.

 

minutes later, Jean staggered out of the immgration area of the airport, and looked forlornly at the small duffel bag containing her neccesities and her medical books. the books were so heavy, she had some trouble carrying the bag at all, and started to roll it along on the floor. even then, her petite frame shook with the exertion. the rent money in her pocket weighed heavily on her conscience. her parents had to sell their furniture, and move to smaller house.

 

but it had all been worthwhile, to get away from the arranged marriage to a man could have been her uncle. Singapore. The place where someone important came from... someone very important.

© 2010 ghost writer


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
J
Hmm. So, that's about me? Dude, i miss you!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
1 Review
Added on March 25, 2010
Last Updated on May 20, 2010

Author

ghost writer
ghost writer

singapore, singpore(duh), Singapore



About
i am singaporean, about 168-170 cm tall, i look really nerdy, and am omitted/ teased about most stuff, and am totally clueless about 80% of the time. i love the following bands linkin park, daugh.. more..

Writing
Tape 1 Tape 1

A Chapter by ghost writer