emergence

emergence

A Story by ghost writer

            Emergence.

 

            The fulfilling of one’s dream, the finding of oneself. That is what emergence means to me. To have fulfilled one’s dream, means to have emerged from your own protective cocoon and made an impact on others by means of achieving your dreams.

 

            To emerge means to come out of, or to exit something in a dramatic manner. Emerging from the constraints of modern society means to have broken out of the constraints that the society has set down for people of your social status and position. A famous example would be the Mahatma of India. His family job was traditionally that of a grocer, but he rose to become one of the greatest leaders, and is christened the father of modern India.

 

            Emergence is a painful process. Even the insect that struggles out of a flimsy chrysalis takes great effort to break free of its protective shell. Imagine how hard it must be to break free of the social plans and constraints, and the social stigma that restrains us all the time. This causes us to perceive all these restraints as our limits, when we can actually go further, be stronger, and jump higher. To quote an Olympic motto, Citius Altius Fortius, this means Faster, Higher, and Stronger. To be exceptional, we must first break out of the social restrictions that society has stereotyped us in.

 

            To be emerging means to be in the process of breaking out of the social norms in order to succeed. To quote Albert Einstein, “not all you can count is in numbers, and not all numbers count.” To further prove this, Albert Einstein dropped out of school in the seventh grade, and went on to become one of the most famous physicists of all time. Thomas Edison also dropped out of school, as he felt “education was of no interest” to him. He took up part time jobs to support his family and in the end resulted in inventing nearly 500 inventions in total, of which one of the most important was the light bulb.

 

            To have emerged, means to have broken out of the social norms and into the open, where we have enough room to expand our conscious mind, to produce our ideas and to develop them, to have space to be free to think, and not be laughed at no matter what they do, because breaking out of the norm is no small feat, and by breaking out of the norm, people have already seized a certain amount of respect from their fellow man.

 

            To emerge, is to be free.

© 2010 ghost writer


Author's Note

ghost writer
this is me expressing my poetic tendencies in writing. what do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
Added on July 15, 2010
Last Updated on July 15, 2010

Author

ghost writer
ghost writer

singapore, singpore(duh), Singapore



About
i am singaporean, about 168-170 cm tall, i look really nerdy, and am omitted/ teased about most stuff, and am totally clueless about 80% of the time. i love the following bands linkin park, daugh.. more..

Writing
Tape 1 Tape 1

A Chapter by ghost writer