sea level

sea level

A Story by ghost writer

The boat rocked gently, the old wood cabin riddled with pockmarked bullet holes. Gun smoke still lingered on the air, and blood was spattered inside the cabin. A man, not more than 15 years old, stirred. The body of the woman that had been protecting him had stained the flaxen shirt a dark red, and his jet black hair was matted where the pirate had hit him. Blood stained one side of his mouth, and the world had started to spin again. He paused for a moment. “John.” He said, though the word sounded lonely and empty in the wide open sea, and the same sea that had covered the great cities of old swallowed his voice.

 

3 years later.

 

“Oy, John! Get some more of that tequila here, boy. I don’t know where you get it, but it’s strong stuff all right, how much you charge?” John Steiner paused for a moment.

 

“Three handfuls of dry dirt, and one pistol, preferably a Glock, with ten ammo packs.” John replied.

 

“Done, my boy! Just let me…” John felt the awkward pause, and then, without hesitation, he ducked, as the shots rang over his head. Already, he was moving towards the drunken man. The shots became more and more erratic, and then, with one smooth movement, John pulled out a carving knife, with a blade nearly a foot long, and drove it into the man’s stomach, all the while continuing to turn. The bloody swathe splashed onto the ground directly behind the drunk, and then, with a muffled thump, the drunk stumbled, did a little skip hop jump, then tumbled to the ground, moaning softly as his last breath escaped him. John stepped over to the corpse, and bent over the bloodied heap, rummaging around in the rags that were once clothes. He stood up, sighing, then straightened his back, with a crick, and returned to the smallish bar, where people were still drinking. The usual spot on his neck had turned red, and his arms itched. They always did when that happened. The adrenaline rush had worn off, and the water lapping around the small man made island calmed him.

© 2010 ghost writer


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow that was a powerful write with the right tone of voice, the right words and fantastic descriptions. First I thought this once had no story in it, but then I realised how beautiful it was even if its not ten pages long! Great!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 19, 2010
Last Updated on August 19, 2010

Author

ghost writer
ghost writer

singapore, singpore(duh), Singapore



About
i am singaporean, about 168-170 cm tall, i look really nerdy, and am omitted/ teased about most stuff, and am totally clueless about 80% of the time. i love the following bands linkin park, daugh.. more..

Writing
Tape 1 Tape 1

A Chapter by ghost writer