what a dream

what a dream

A Story by crisler1227

I had a dream. It was a beautiful one. I can't exactly explain how much happiness I just feel from having that certain dream. It seemed like a little fairytale. It went this way:

 

All I could remember as the beginning of what I would later say as a heart-melting dream is--I was somewhere…in a roadside. I was with friends. It was a night setup. I was having a fun time with friends; chatting, playing…doing nonsense things typically suited for free hours of busy, toxic lives. We then decided to have this crazy game: riding a thoughtfully fun cart or bike-like vehicle. I agreed to join this majority-decided activity. I rode my own bike. It  looked as though a race of some kind of gang group but-not-illegal-though is just about to happen. I felt excited…really excited. We lined up at the starting line, yes, we had it too like a real race about to happen.

 

We lined up. Then we eventually began to move forward. I was squealing. Then everybody were squealing with fun too. I looked around and we rode off to so much fun our hearts could ever hold on for so long.  I felt the cool deep night breeze slamming perfectly over my entire face and head. It felt good. It felt nice. It felt as though hardships never existed. I went on with the ride.

 

Suddenly, something or I guess…someone has tried to reach me from behind. It was another rider. I looked to my behind and saw a familiar face. That familiar face who looked like I'm looking straight to a male K-POP star, you already know what I mean.  He was with someone else. He was with another rider, another girl. He tried to reach my arm from behind. He smiled. I smiled back as well. He said a brief 'Hi', one that almost turned me to a liquid in an instant. I turned and returned a quick 'hello'. It felt relieving. I noticed his companion too but she looked pissed off from our communicating with each other.

 

The guy had a warm, eager-looking face. He even seemed not to care about his companion anymore when we started to converse with each other. I just realized that. The scenes that followed were 'kakakilig'. We were like two cats chasing and pouncing at each others' delight.  Mysteriously, his girl-companion began to disappear and all I could see now in my dream is just the two of us. Like two bunnies from bambi's world trespassing into Alice's magical world, we moved in joyful and childlike rhythm. I missed him so much. I can see he does too with me. Yes, the dream appeared to emphasize how much we miss each other. It seemed like it tried to answer our random 'how-is-he/she-doing-right-now'  moments of questions. It was crazy! But it felt romantic.  Very much extreme.

 

We spent time together. Just the two of us. And yes, no harm, especially to our dignity, has ever occurred in the dream…and that's even in reality.  I can barely remember every single and exact activity we have done in the dream. All I could remember is that--we were both very happy. We were both smiling all throughout. We looked extremely in love…and yet, still held much aback. The dream had very little difference from reality. It was almost perfect. But just as any other story of equally any sort would be, everything has to end. I missed him so much. And somehow, I still am.  I held his hand but I did my best not to squeeze it in desire not to let him go. I just held it in conscious discretion and modesty knowing that this is just the way things are going to be. I looked into his eyes and he looked back to mine as well. They looked very promising yet very fragile and vulnerable. I just hope he gains much strength as much as I did to go on and live life the way it should be.

 

The next moment I remember is that we exited the magical world back into the roadside of reality. At that instant, I opened my eyes, saw the familiar walls and large windows of my room. I was still floating in gladness that even just in my dreams, I still had the chance to hold and communicate with him; that even just in a dream, I still managed to see him and have an experience of an extension of reality…maybe. I saw my cell phone's clock and it read 12:02 a.m. I smiled. Oh my, it was just a dream. One wonderful dream.

 

55 minutes later, I tried to write and re-tell my dream. Then I moved on to studying for our posttest number 4 in our course audit subject. 

© 2013 crisler1227


Author's Note

crisler1227
hope it paints a smile on your faces =)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Lol, Very good...I love how I was drawn into a culture of bike scene...I do fancy riding bikes myself...I also love how you put Tagalog terms in your story unapologetically...that made me smile...how you told about the crush and the dream of it, within a dream. Really nice. Modern and classically told, crisler. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


crisler1227

10 Years Ago

thank you so much everett...it was indeed a silly but delightful dream! lol
Babe Roxx

10 Years Ago

Well, at least it brought such delights. ;)

You are very welcome, Crisler.
It's wonderful
I suppose Filipina ka rin :)))

Posted 10 Years Ago


crisler1227

10 Years Ago

thank you so much.. and yes po, i'm a Filipina =D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 1, 2013
Last Updated on September 1, 2013

Author

crisler1227
crisler1227

Tuguegarao, Cagayan Valley, Philippines



About
i'm free spirited, trapped in the fantasies of my childhood; of wild, carefree days and breezy summer afternoons... more..

Writing