Unknown Future

Unknown Future

A Poem by C. Rose
"

I wrote this on the morning of 01/01/10. As I looked out my window and thought about what would come in this new decade. These words came into my heart and poured out onto the page.

"

 

 

Should we dare believe we are upon our enlightenment?

 

Can we hold our hopes and dreams accountable to our environment and reality?

 

May we become stronger in mind and spirit so that we may shed the vulgarities of the flesh?

 

With compassion.

With honesty.

With courage.

 

We shall embrace the impossible peace and cradle it in our arms.

 

We will forgive our trangressions of yesterday to broker peace for tomorrow.

 

We may choose to bring together and unify the spirit of all mankind to pursue a greater path to a destiny unknown.

© 2010 C. Rose


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

An amazing poem, lovely choice of words. Good job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Very intense poem. The desire towards the coming up year that hides the suspense of our unknown future has been bought out in the form of words in a very beautiful manner.

Thanks for sharing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


What good questions for a first committment for a brand new year. Deep poem which conveys a message. Gj.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Beautiful poem with a great message especially the last line. I like how you first ask questions it really gets the reader thinking. Great Piece.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

672 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 6, 2010
Last Updated on February 3, 2010
Tags: poetry

Author

C. Rose
C. Rose

Albuquerque, NM



About
I am a poet and writer that pens under the bohemian dogma; "Truth, Love, Beauty and Freedom" and believe any form of expression is precious. I am a thirty something, living in the American Southwest .. more..

Writing
Want Want

A Poem by C. Rose