Argument

Argument

A Story by kingcrowley
"

Short Sabriel fic were Sam and Gabriel are arguing. Requested by anonymous on tumblr.

"

Sam threw his beer bottle down, and it shattered noisily on the hard floor of the hotel room. "God d****t, Gabriel, I'm a grown man, I can take care of myself!"

Gabriel angled his head down, glaring up at Sam but otherwise keeping his cool. The look displayed a kind of predatory power that reminded Sam just who Gabriel was, but the hunter didn't dare let his own hard expression waver. "You could have died," the archangel insisted, sounding calm despite the fear and anger roiling in his stomach.

"You could have brought me back." Sam sounded softer, just slightly, because now he realized Gabriel was only worried.

"I'm cut off from the healing mojo since the last time I brought you back. Apparently heaven is sick of me saving the Winchesters' asses."

Sam was still standing with his hands balled into fists, he had yet to actually calm down. "I can still take care of myself-"

"No you can't, Sam!" Gabriel snapped, suddenly angrier. "You're reckless! I'm not even sure if you care about living anymore! I have to protect you, Sam, you and Cas are all I have left and you're just ready to throw in the towel and leave me here! I can't go back to heaven, not yet anyway, and d****t if I'm going to let you go without me!"

"Gab-" Sam started, looking shocked, but the trickster cut him off.

"Shut up, I'm not done! Look I don't know what you really think of me because I stay out of your noggin like you asked me to but it would be a hell of a lot easier if you just talked to me! I do everything I can for you and you go off and almost willingly knock on Death's door! D****t, te amo Sam! Nolo tibi malum!" Gabriel stopped short and covered his mouth, eyes wide. He’d let slip something he had never even admitted to himself.

Sam shared a similar expression, his jaw dropped in disbelief. "Did you just tell me you love me?" he asked, only picking out the one word spoken in a dead language, forgetting the rest of the rant momentarily.

"No. 'Course not," Gabriel insisted stubbornly, finally averting his eyes and crossing his arms defensively, feeling embarrassed.

Sam took a step closer and cocked his head, his features softening. "Yes you did, you liar. What was that last part?" he asked curiously.

"Just, I don't want you to get hurt. That's all."

Sam smiled at him, his frustration with the angel gone. All the tension seemed to disappear from both of them. “I’ll be more careful then. Okay?”

Gabriel grinned back, happy to have gotten his way. “You better, Winchester, or I’ll tear you a new one.”

Sam laughed and went over to the broken shards of his beer bottle that were laying on the ground and began to pick them up. He would wipe up the beer when he was done. “Oh, and, hey Gabriel?”

“Hmm?”

“Love you, too.”

© 2013 kingcrowley


Author's Note

kingcrowley
golly I hate writer's block, it makes everything really difficult

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
Added on September 7, 2013
Last Updated on September 7, 2013
Tags: sabriel, spn, supernatural, sam winchester, gabriel, fanfiction, gabrielsam

Author

kingcrowley
kingcrowley

TX



Writing
Freckles Freckles

A Story by kingcrowley