The Jittery Ones

The Jittery Ones

A Poem by crucitac
"

An inside look at anxiety

"
Why is it that for some people simple things such as speaking or even laughing comes so naturally or casually? Meanwhile for others, just taking a breath requires moments of debate and courage. They try to avoid confrontation of any sort, for they are constantly scared, no, terrified of saying the wrong thing. For the others though, their tongues are wild, uncensored beasts carrying minuscule loads of the world on top of them. These loads are not half, or even a fraction of what The Jittery Ones carry. Not to mention, there's billions of wild uncensored beasts in which to divide the weight. They've never worried. Truly worried about what would happen if someone recognized them in public and that's never kept them isolated in a cave of worry and anxiety all day. They've never begged the universe to make them disappear because someone's been paying too much attention to them lately, and whenever an abrupt silence falls over an area The Jittery Ones hold their breath because what if the lack of distraction draws everyone's attention to them? What if? The question that determines every second of their lives. Their brains are a battlefield for questions and irrational fears to attack logic. Their legs shake to the beat of their fast-paced hearts. Closure is a long-forgotten concept. The Jittery Ones, have long since taken a leap and they're only waiting to hit the pavement every day. Waiting, anticipating a break, the others have banned The Jittery Ones from their reality with words like "boring", "sappy", & "lame". But what they don't know is that The Jittery Ones have formed an alliance where although they're all plummeting fast, they're falling together. After all, each other is all they've got left.

© 2015 crucitac


Author's Note

crucitac
Feedback? 💕 I'll be posting more often. Ignore errors, I just needed to post

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

319 Views
Added on April 30, 2015
Last Updated on May 1, 2015
Tags: anxiety poetry beauty life jitte

Author

crucitac
crucitac

Norcross, GA



About
16 years old Coming to terms is my specialty more..

Writing
Gallery Gallery

A Poem by crucitac


Troubled Troubled

A Poem by crucitac


Secret Secret

A Poem by crucitac