The Duck on the Meadow

The Duck on the Meadow

A Story by Cullie Decker
"

Beyond Broccoli Hill, Faith the turtle helps Travis the duck have the patience to make a candle.

"

The Duck on the Meadow


Dedication: To Colin. I hope you have a terrific Birthday!


     Beyond Broccoli Hill and over on the meadow lived Travis the duck. He loved making candles, but had horrible luck. He had glass jars, red and white wax, and white candle wicks. He also had glue, a magnifying glass, and flat little sticks. Travis tried using a magnifying glass to melt the wax. He was always so excited, he could not relax!

     So, Travis got his good friend, Faith the turtle, to give it a go. Travis could depend on Faith because turtles can be slow. The rays of the sun were hotter going through the magnifying glass. The wax was a bit softer after every minute had passed.

     The wax in the jar was now liquid, but not something to drink. The red and white colors had melted into pink. Into the center of the jar went the white candle wick. It was held up by a flat wooden stick. The wind slowly dried the wax with the wick held in place. The candle was now ready for enjoyment, and Travis had a big smile on his face. Making a homemade candle, with the help of a friend, really felt great. Good things happen, but sometimes we have to wait!

© 2014 Cullie Decker


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on March 9, 2014
Last Updated on March 9, 2014
Tags: candle, children, culliedecker, story

Author

Cullie Decker
Cullie Decker

About
Poem writer/comedy writer since 2008. I have some ideas for children's stories and I'll post them here. I'm also on Writing.com and Flickspin. Only kid-friendly stuff here! more..