The Storm inside of me

The Storm inside of me

A Poem by SamBug

Dark Clouds

  Layer

    after

       Layer

Surround the sun

and make the light

go dark.

Everything suddenly seems

LOUDER!!!!

as thunder crackles

and rumbles and remains

for many seconds

causing my heart pain.

A fearful storm brewing

causing destruction inside of me.

The wind blows harder out

than it does in.

Branches fall off trees.

A bolt of lightening.

Then...

 

 

the rain.

© 2010 SamBug


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

That was an awesome write! The imagery that you created was so detailed, and so descriptive, and I thought that the whole concept of thunder and weather in general made for an incredibly effective metaphor. I liked how at the start of the piece you changed some of the formatting, and I kind of wanted to see more of that! Maybe experimenting with the font, or the size of particular words, could result in a really visually effective poem. The content though, was perfect. I really enjoyed reading this. :)
~PaperHearts

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

As always your poetry is breathtaking really nice use of words and ryme well done Sam Lou I love your writing :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


very awesome! i could picture everything

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
?
I really like this Sam, we all experience those internal storms, and the rain, sybolizing the tears bring the release or relief.
Great poem

Posted 13 Years Ago


Dear Sam,

"A bolt of lightening.
Then...

the rain"

I really enjoyed the ending of this poem because rain has a calming effect just as tears can be the release of building tension and lead to one regarding composure after the building stress of dark clouds. Rain and tears are healing in many ways.

Best regards,

Rick

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
LSS
Sam,
This was a wonderful poem full of emotion, symbolism, femininity, passion, exposure, and pain. Not that we readers revel in your pain, nor your poorer moments. But you've nailed, what to me from a man's perspective, a woman's turmoil that rages before it boils over. Maybe I'm not reading you right, nor your symbolism, but just the expressed emotion revealed, brought rain from me too. For years, I've watched my wife and daughters, not able to share their emotional upheavals, but sympathetic to their pain and not able to do much to salve away some of the pain and turmoil. Its good to let others be empathetic to what comes passionately to you.
Lar

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like that the font changed and the descriptions you have are great. The imagery you created flows really well and I enjoyed the end. Really great job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Great Write ! ! ! ! ! I love how when you said louder you put it in capitals, Really shows the emotion. :D

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very nice poem. You did a great job with imagery. It has a rhythmic sound to it, as if you can hear the thunder. Nice Job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


cool poem, and a fun read visually because of your expressive formatting (i love the 'LOUDER!!!!' bit :D)... you know, i think this would be a good piece of performance art -- you could probably have a great time reciting this aloud at a poetry jam or something, translating that written build-up and hyperbole into some dramatic theatre. ;) i think that last bit is especially effective (the 'then... the rain.') -- that huge break and then that final line gives the poem such a sense of relief and closure... good job, dearie!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Really metaphoric. The rain builds and tears fall.. this is a wonderful write, Sam..
I am just now finding where the read requests are! Do'h
I am sorry for being late ... back to your poem...
I love that you used all the aspects of actual storms to get the feelings out .. a wonderful poem.

Chloe

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1188 Views
40 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on June 17, 2010
Last Updated on July 2, 2010

Author

SamBug
SamBug

GTown, AR



About
Okay... So these things are always hard to fill out but I suppose I'm going to try to describe me as best as possible. My name is Sam. Some people call me Sammy poo, Sam Bug, or simply Sam Loo. I'm .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..