the Girl

the Girl

A Poem by Casey Wakeford
"

Personal piece

"
If I could paint I'd have ten different ways to express how I feel.
Instead I'm stuck with the curious art of throwing words together in a million ways plus one, never knowing what's best to confess
my thoughts and desires.
Not to mention,
the anxious girl inside of me
who controls my soul.
I want to say goodbye to her.

She's in control of my pain,
Never lets my thoughts get far away
I despise her,
I compromise
To make her happy
But she never will be, because she'll always be saying,
"Why? Is this enough? Is this what I want?"
It's starting to feel
Like a trap,
And sometimes I don't
Think I'll ever
Get my sanity back

© 2014 Casey Wakeford


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

That's deep Casey , two in one hmmmm I understand this , It can change a person in how they feel. Like say in love. I have seen what the pain can do to a person. It's not a great place to be. But I can say sanity will come back when willing to change it all look ahead gain peace just close that person out:) You did awesome with this write:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I don't know if you realized it, if it was intentional or not, but this poem had an asymmetrical feel to it, where the lines didn't quite rhyme or fit together yet somehow seemed to chime when looked at from a distance. Very good emotional pics about expression and how it can somehow be a form of containment. I equate this with writers block, but maybe that's just because... I have... Writers block lol.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Dear Casey Wakeford,

Hello, how are you doing today. I was going through my newsfeed and thought I might seek some interesting pieces. The girl was simple yet mysterious so I thought I would take a look. Since this is a personal piece, I will withhold any critiques and say that I can definitely empathize being for a long time I struggled with low self confidence. Let me tell you once you look up from holding your head down for so long, you just grow to love the view (forgive me if that's awkward), but I know that anxiety is often like a cage. Writing/talent is one's song. It is your body and you mind. If you want to be happy, tell yourself to be happy. It sounds simple because it truly is. Do something that makes you happy. See something that makes you laugh. Talk to a friend. And whatever decision you make, be confident in it.

It is once said, "you are your own worst enemy." Throughout this poem, this quote sums up the tone of this piece. It is clear and concise.

I say good job and hope things get better.

Sincerely JazzSoulKeke,

God bless

Posted 10 Years Ago


I don't like reading woman's personal stuff!! :( awaiting a beating from my mother lol,but till then I can read,my soul can't be saved thanks to this lol Hehe :) be yourself!! don't force it away,if you had killer instincts like killing I would go against IT!! But that isn't the case personaly I think to be anxious is a defense mechanism and how weird this may sounds some people like it. So go out there be yourself live full and never regret who you are, cause If you don't love yourself how can other people :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Casey Wakeford

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much!! Honestly. Joining this website has proven to be good for me so far... I get to s.. read more
Carl Drake Barnard

10 Years Ago

lol I'm happy for you :) enjoy it and hope to see your ''non personal'' lmao work Hehe looking forw.. read more
Thanks everybody for your encouraging words and praises! They mean so much :-) !!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


It's deeply... I could say the same thing but not as a girl.


Posted 10 Years Ago


This is really deep. I think everyone can relate. I especially love the second line. Great job!

Posted 10 Years Ago


that girl is your passion. never say goodbye to her. lovely poetry is this. loveya.

Posted 10 Years Ago


That's deep Casey , two in one hmmmm I understand this , It can change a person in how they feel. Like say in love. I have seen what the pain can do to a person. It's not a great place to be. But I can say sanity will come back when willing to change it all look ahead gain peace just close that person out:) You did awesome with this write:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

276 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 12, 2014
Last Updated on January 12, 2014
Tags: Personal, cw

Author

Casey Wakeford
Casey Wakeford

Woodstock, GA



About
Hi, I'm Casey. I'm 18. Get to know me through my writing! I'm terrible at descriptions... Ironically. Be forewarned, just about everything I post is going to be personal. I'm somewhat of an o.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


If I... If I...

A Poem by Blue