A Visit to My Old Middle School

A Visit to My Old Middle School

A Story by Chris Woestenburg

I walked through the crowded hallway of my old middle school, feeling like Moses as the sea of silly little idiots parted before me. It was strange being back in these hallways when I was so much bigger, so much older. Surely the lockers weren’t so small when I was a student here. And was I really that tiny, that frail, when I was that age? 


As I waded through the nostalgia I looked upwards, smiling to myself as I recognized an oil stain in one of the chalky ceiling tiles. I made that stain myself when I threw a heavily buttered slice of bread from my sandwich up into the air and it stuck there. Other stains mottled the walls and the floors and the ceiling; there are fewer places on this earth filthier than a middle school.


I looked back down and grew curious when I saw that all of the students were looking at me, aghast, as they passed. Looking at my lower half. I looked down and realized with a start that I was completely naked from the waist down! It was like that age old nightmare, finding yourself in a public place with no clothes on, only I knew I wasn’t asleep. I was in front of a full crowd of impressionable minors, their minds like unexposed photo paper, burning any notable image into memory, and here I am without a stitch of clothing below my waistline! My skin flushed red as a wave of embarrassment washed over me.


I couldn’t believe it. How could I forget to put shoes on?

© 2015 Chris Woestenburg


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on November 21, 2015
Last Updated on November 23, 2015

Author

Chris Woestenburg
Chris Woestenburg

Kelowna, BC, Canada



About
I hope to use this website as practice for my more ambitious undertakings in the future. I might turn some of the writing I do on this site into videos, similar to my other ones: https://www.you.. more..

Writing