A Sandy Adventure (Part 1)

A Sandy Adventure (Part 1)

A Story by cyberjazza
"

A young girl finds herself stuck at the bottom of a derelict building, and is now faced with finding a way back to the surface.

"
You didn't expect to get this far. You honestly didn't think you'd be able to make it to the bottom, but here you are. When you saw the top of this skyscraper sticking out of the sand, you thought you'd get away with exploring just a few top floors, but instead your curiosity dragged you all the way down to the bottom floor, and now you're in trouble.
The room around you is plastered with dust and decorated with cobwebs from long dead creatures. At the far end of the room lay a pile of sand, designating the end of the massive hole that you fell through on one of the top floors. You were lucky that sand was there, if it wasn't you'd have probably died. As great as it was to have the sand, it didn't stop you from still getting injured, so now you're left with a broken left leg.
As you try and lift yourself from the ground to inspect the rest of the room, you quickly realise that you're not going to get anywhere unless you find something to help support your weight. The rest of the room was filled with various paperwork and broken tools, nothing that looked like it could hold you up. Still, you shove a few scraps of paper and an old scissor into your worn bag, perhaps you can make something out of it all when you get back to your shelter.
Crawling to a door behind you, you find some idiot decided to lock his office right before leaving for the apocalypse. You didn't pack anything in your bag to deal with locked doors, but you guess a girl has to get creative in these times. You move to a window next to the door and throw a nearby lamp through it. After the loud smash, you roll yourself under a nearby desk and listen to your surroundings.
Nothing.
You let out a sigh of relief; it's nice to know you won't have to worry about any murderous robots here, at least on this floor. After climbing through the newly made door, you begin your search for any kind of bodily support, only to find the holy grail. Swivel chairs littered the surrounding desks, giving you plenty of choices for transport.
After a few minutes, you're finally fitted with a new set of wheels and begin your journey to the nearest set of stairs. And now you've just given yourself a new problem; how are you going to get from the ground floor all the way back to the surface with a broken leg?

[There's more of this story to come, but I'm going to write it in short instalments as I get used to this page and improve on my own skills. Also, I never thought I'd by writing "micropus" to prove I'm human.]

© 2015 cyberjazza


Author's Note

cyberjazza
Be as harsh as you want, as long as it's also constructive. This is my first time writing in first person and I did it on a tablet, so the structure won't be that great.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on October 30, 2015
Last Updated on October 30, 2015
Tags: Lost, Girl, Apocalypse, Desert

Author

cyberjazza
cyberjazza

United Kingdom



About
I'm a seventeen year old boy who's always enjoyed a good story and is trying to make and share his own. At the moment I'm restricted to writing on a tablet with my laptop catching fire, but I don't mi.. more..

Writing