A Confession of Love

A Confession of Love

A Story by Aurelia Knight
"

For some of us, we don't know what we have until it's too late. For me, I managed to save myself. But... Am I too late? I can't stand the thought of him leaving.

"

For three long years you kept after me. You asked me repeatedly, even after being rejected, and you never gave up. You made me feel special even when you were bruised and broken, and I was blind to it. You came back to me after I would send you away in a fit of rage for something stupid I did.


I don't pretend to be worthy of it. I'm not going to lie: I'm the last person you should love. I don't deserve the attention, and the doting, the gifts and the romance. I didn't even ask. But you didn't care. You gave it to me anyway.


For the longest time I didn't understand. What is "love"? Is it walks in the park holding hands? Is it sitting together at the movies? Is love when two people gaze at each other and share a kiss before vowing everlasting faithfulness? Heck if I know.


You showed me love is kindness in the face of anger. Love is warmth in the coldest of winter days. Love is bravery in our weakest moments. Love is when you picked up the pieces of my broken, stubborn heart and slowly puzzled it back together when I didn't have the strength. You showed me that. You showed me love...is you.


How could I have been so stupid? How could I have been so blind? Why didn't I see you standing right in front of me, holding out your hand for me to take? Why? My eyes could see, but they obviously weren't open.


Now I might lose you forever. I can't bear the thought of never seeing you again. I don't care what anyone says: I want to be with you. I want you to hold me. I want you to be the one and only person in this whole world to care for me.


I've lived in fear for too long. Who cares what the public thinks? Reputation be damned. To whom, exactly, does it truly matter that I am considered wealthy and you are considered poor? Tell me who will be offended by us. Show me who won't approve. I'll give them something to be offended by and disapprove...


I'm so sorry. I should've gotten the message sooner. I should have plucked up the courage faster. I never should listened to my annoying conscience and followed my heart. My heart knows what I want. Good ole heart, keepin' it real.


Please tell me you'll stay now. Please don't go and leave me behind. Stay here, with me, where you're meant to be. You...still love me, don't you?

© 2016 Aurelia Knight


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
Added on September 27, 2016
Last Updated on September 27, 2016
Tags: love, angst, romance

Author

Aurelia Knight
Aurelia Knight

IN



About
I'm an English/Creative Writing major in my junior year at Uni. I've been writing for more than ten years but only since I've been in college have I decided to take it seriously. As such, I'm hopin.. more..

Writing
Don't Go Don't Go

A Chapter by Aurelia Knight