a love letter to myself

a love letter to myself

A Poem by nour

to the person that you are today, to the person that sighs every morning when the alarm goes off, to the person that groans in annoyance when their big, curly hair gets stuck to everything, to the person that has been constantly hurt and left. has anyone ever told you that your soft voice could calm down the strongest of storms? has anyone ever told you that your delicate features could unbalance the most polished artist's paintbrush? has anyone ever told you that the love and warmth you give could thaw a frozen heart? has anyone ever told you that the way your big, messy hair dances with the wind is the most alluring sight? has anyone ever apologized for making you cry in the middle of the night, for making you seem wretched and gloomy? if not at all, then why do you forgive anyways? but you are not the one to blame, not anymore. it is the world, for taking advantage of a heart that loves so deeply, a heart that gives so much, it forgets itself. and I will be the one to tell you this, I'm truly sorry. for putting you through so much pain and for making your fragile heart feel like it has been stabbed by millions of knives, when it was supposed to feel the gentle touch of a flower. a lonely lover knocks at your door & you welcome them with a warm smile, "come in, im lonely too" you change their loneliness & not yours, then they walk away, leaving the door wide open letting the cold, harsh breeze surround your heart. but that never stopped you, that never made your heart cold. it is still as fragile, breaks from a simple touch. perhaps I think that you think if you gave out so much love, you'd receive the same. but this thought has a short lifespan, because you never receive as much as you give & that doesn't seem to bother you much. you see? all this love you have in you, all this kindness, not a single soul deserves it but yourself. so, if you ever give yourself as much love, trust me, you'd be able to do wonders.

© 2017 nour


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Mirrors can have a way of reaching into a person and letting them hear ...truth.

But sometimes we are known to lie to ourselves if only because others have too.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
1 Review
Added on January 10, 2017
Last Updated on January 14, 2017

Author

nour
nour

About
the rose that grew from concrete more..

Writing
About her About her

A Poem by nour