Sleep

Sleep

A Poem by slightly terrified

I got sad this morning and slept. All day. I don’t know how to explain it either, it wasn’t a deep sad to where I needed to cry to get over it. Or a small temporary sad that I was silly to make a deal out of. It was more of a blank sad.. If that makes any bit of sense. Where I just needed to stare at the ceiling and listen to sad music to sit and wallow in my sadness. Now that I’m typing it out it sounds rather lame. But I could just feel a heavy weight on my chest that wouldn’t go away. I didn’t know how to make it leave, so I slept all day long until I felt I wouldn’t go around spreading my sadness just by talking to someone and being melancholy. It can get quite annoying when people do that too often, when they go around spreading their sad vibes to everyone that is trying their hardest to stay happy.. I didn’t even have an reason to be sad. A sad song came on and it just clicked in my head and it felt as if I fell into a deep pit that I couldn’t find a way out of. When the feeling first occurred and I tried to fall asleep I absolutely could not. I laid with the blanket over my face, tossing and turning for probably 30+ minutes. It’s been worse at night when I actually want to go to bed. I can’t seem to fall asleep for maybe an hour, following that I get s**t sleep. When that happens I’m grumpy and/or sad usually, it’s like a never ending cycle. I hate it.

© 2016 slightly terrified


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
Added on May 29, 2016
Last Updated on May 29, 2016

Author

slightly terrified
slightly terrified

AZ



About
I have been very uninspired lately so I won't be posting as much. That is also why my pieces are decreasing in quality so I'd rather not post a lot of bad ones and just post a good one when the right .. more..

Writing