Annie.

Annie.

A Story by slightly terrified

My mother was in a very bad relationship that she couldn't get out of when she had me. My biological father didn't even want me and my mother stalled until it was too late to get an abortion because she wanted to have me. He was evil and manipulative. He would threaten to kill/hurt me if my mother wasn't listening to him. She had enough when he hung me off of the balcony of our apartment on the second floor. She had to wait until he trusted her alone at the apartment for the first time. She took me and her most valued things with her and never saw/heard from him again. I was about three months at the time, and I have never had contact with him nor do I have any memories of him. I'm not even too sure about what he looks like.
I lived with my grandmother until about first grade, I believe. My mother met a guy at work and they fell in love. He was always very nice. But because it was just me and my mother for a long time, I have never been close to him. I've never gotten comfortable enough to call him dad. My life from then was fairly uneventful. I left my hometown in first grade, went to a new school for a bit then changed schools again. I was always known as "Bigfoot" during school because I was the tallest in the entire school from second through sixth grade. Some people didn't even know my name. That nickname continued through fifth or sixth grade and I hated it. I am still quite tall but I've gotten used to it as people my age grew and caught up with me.
I remember telling my mom about me feeling sad more often than not the summer before seventh grade. It's only gotten worse since then, honestly. I was very awkward and sad most of seventh grade year, though I think most teens that age are. Eighth grade was the worst for my depression and grades. I was a straight A student and I ruined it all that year. During Winter break in eighth grade I had a breakdown and refused to go back to school. I wasn't enrolled into any school for about a month, then I started online schooling and it changed my life for the better. Besides having to quit my most favorite thing ever, Cello, I love it. Right before I started online school, I broke down again and told my mother that I had been struggling with self harm for about a year. I'm so glad I did it, I didn't know what to do. I couldn't stop but I wanted to so badly, she was the final push for me. I was sent to live with my grandmother for a bit, when I came back school was almost over. I came out with great grades except in math. I don't see the need for me to know more than basic math skills when it doesn't click in my head, I am obviously not going to choose a career having anything to do with math. 
I will be going to ninth grade in online school this year and I'll be fifteen in December. I've been doing SFX makeup for about a year, I believe. I like to think I have become quite good at it, too. Besides that I'm not too interesting. Music has become a huge part of my life, though. Ever since I got into the band System Of A Down I've been a happier person. They are my inspiration and I cannot even begin to find the words to express how much I love them. They will always be my number one favorite, with The Front Bottoms coming in a close second. I like all kinds of music, classical, house, alternative, ska, metal. It's all amazing. 

© 2016 slightly terrified


Author's Note

slightly terrified
idk i kinda just wanted to tell my story ? cause i like reading other peoples stories. Sorry for the abrupt, weird ending as well, I had no idea how to end it. I will probably take this down soon enough anyway.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Liked your story, keeps with your usual straight to the paper style of writing. Theres a few grammar errors at the start, so I think you should review this one and keep it up.

p.s - ska is the best

Tom

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

slightly terrified

7 Years Ago

Thanks man, I'll look through and revise. Ska is amazing! That is all I've been listening to recentl.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 7, 2016
Last Updated on June 7, 2016

Author

slightly terrified
slightly terrified

AZ



About
I have been very uninspired lately so I won't be posting as much. That is also why my pieces are decreasing in quality so I'd rather not post a lot of bad ones and just post a good one when the right .. more..

Writing