The sea

The sea

A Story by daisy

The sea.


Breathy whispers of air brushing down your lobes. Icy shocks that pass through your body with each ripple of the water.


I love the sea.


As I lay here the mixture of the heat from above and the cold from below over powers me and I become, almost - paralysed. My fingers twitch as the waves keep washing over my frozen body. My torso twists in slow motion, an anchor pulling my head below the foaming surface. Its more peaceful under here. A visor of blurriness fades my eyesight, but still, I gaze up at the vista of light beyond the water. My arms swirl among the bubbles. I can begin to see the bottom. Dunes of gentle grains sweep over the ground. A vast rainbow of coral lights up the sand as I carry on falling. My vision darkens with a thick red colour. I watch my blood dance through the ripples from the wounds in my wrist. The salt rips and bites at them as my body floats through the hazy mess of scarlet. I can't see anymore. I can't breathe anymore. Its over. Its over.


I love the sea.

© 2014 daisy


Author's Note

daisy
What do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Really descriptive and detailed...I could picture it all. Good job!

Posted 8 Years Ago


The sea is wonderful muse for many writers,unpredictable,wild,free and arrogant.The mingling of you and sea as you drown there is a nice concept.A correction- overpowers is a single word. Keep writing Friend. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


daisy

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 15, 2014
Last Updated on July 22, 2014

Author

daisy
daisy

Manchester, United Kingdom



About
teenager with obsessions of hidden gems of literature, preferably with a morbid or horror theme but you know whatever more..

Writing
Her Big Project Her Big Project

A Story by daisy


VanDIElism VanDIElism

A Story by daisy