Sunrise

Sunrise

A Story by Dakota Jean

Today I went for a walk along the beach, close enough to the gulf that the waves lapped at my feet with every step. It was like I was walking with an old friend. I apologized. I held its hand and confessed my sins, begging it to forgive me for what I have done. It gave me so much and I just take take take. I feel it pull me into an embrace and hush me. A tear falls from my eye as it sings a song of love and harmony and peace. The ground below me is hollow. I can feel the earths energy radiating through me and I stop. I am in the light now. The sun has risen and I can feel the wind on my back. Everything is as it should be. I start to walk again.

In conclusion, it is not the end of the world if I don't eat. It is not the end of the world if I do eat. It is not the end of the world if I lose a pound or gain a pound. Just like it is not the end of the world when the sun sets. I was put on this earth to help those around me and it is high time I stop trying in every sense to kill myself because I know now that that's not going to happen anytime soon. And if I want my next life to be better, I have to make the most of this one. It will be hard for me to pick up a fork and spoon again, but I will learn. I learned once before and I can relearn now. It's time for me to live.

© 2015 Dakota Jean


Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
FREE author website
Authors are creating beautiful personal websites with Myauthor.space for FREE! Try us before you spend $1000s of dollars

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
Added on June 13, 2015
Last Updated on June 13, 2015

Author

Dakota Jean
Dakota Jean

Largo, FL



About
19 year old blue-haired gay being from Florida. Don't be afraid to critique! I find that as the best form of compliment. more..

Writing
Tight rope Tight rope

A Story by Dakota Jean