RBHE Thoughts #1: Injustice

RBHE Thoughts #1: Injustice

A Poem by Rainbows Butterflies And Happy Endings
"

Are we actually evolved to get ahead at all cost? Is injustice then inherent to modern urban survival? Selflessness is lauded in writing, but how about in reality? Don't we over-incentivize injustice?

"

What are humans in the face of injustice?


We feed it, propagate it, embrace it.


We are injustice.


We see it. We see how rewarding it can be to have the scales of justice tipped in our favor; an unabridged arbitrage. We see it and we seek it, endorsing its hold on our being.


And we are instantly gratified, for it is everywhere, every nook and cranny from the bowels of nepotism to the jaws of persecution, from the highest of governments to the commons of the everyday man.


We dislike it. But only when light is forced upon our eyes, when the rare sword of justice shows itself and we are reminded for a brief moment of its vengeance. We shake our heads upon the execution, trembling to think that one day that light shines upon thyself and of the inevitable sword that follows.


But such a pause is but for a moment, for the brief light is ever-drowned by the hungry waves of injustice, climbing atop each other, eternally clamoring to stay ahead lest be crushed in the cruel undercurrents where the naïve lay in ignorance and bliss, only to awaken by the need for air, their deafening cries chilling even the coldest of men, reminding us of our shameful guilt.


And we frown. We frown at remembering. For memory is painful. Dissonant.


And breezing atop the waves of injustice, we once again forget.

© 2016 Rainbows Butterflies And Happy Endings


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
Added on May 31, 2016
Last Updated on May 31, 2016
Tags: life, urban, philosophy, thoughts, opinion

Author

Rainbows Butterflies And Happy Endings
Rainbows Butterflies And Happy Endings

Malaysia



About
Well, hello there! RB&HE here. Please leave a comment and review on any of my works. I write casually on many topics. My favorite genre would be fiction & fantasy as it gives me the most freedo.. more..

Writing