Almost, But Not Quite.

Almost, But Not Quite.

A Poem by Jackielyn Ched
"

Remember that time when the two of you came this close to working out but didn’t? This is a simple tale about that... at least my tale.

"
About two years ago, I almost had it. Love, that is. But before the ember grows into flame, the smoke clears; shutting ours out before we even get to ignite the fire.

It all started with a simple tweet, our relationship. Then came the endless exchange of Direct Messages, then later on, texts. You were all that’s in my mind; The first thought when I woke up in the morning, and the last before I head to dreamland. Sometimes, you were even there with me as I sail through those lucid dreams... until you said, “Stop. Slow down.”

So slow down, I did. It stings like a b***h, but I gotta back down. I waved the white flag first, because even though I want to keep you, I know I couldn’t tie you close to me. And why would I? You were never mine to begin with.

Slowly I pulled away, and went back to where we came from with no one to sail with me. I watched you move forward, without realizing that all this time, someone was actually with you, and I was merely a pawn to the games you are playing.

I wanted to get mad at what you did, for letting me think and feel that there might be a chance for us. But I didn’t. I couldn’t. I don’t understand why. And every time I try to end my misery, you always manage to slide through my chest, making me feel all those feels again.

I am better now, at least I think I am. After two years since you broke my heart in two, I think it’s safe to say I got better at handling our strange situation. It hasn’t healed yet, and it still hurts seeing you so happy with her, but don’t worry. Like I told you before, I’ll be fine. Right now I’m contented with where we are right now, just know that I’m always here for you no matter what... as a friend.


Just as a friend.

© 2015 Jackielyn Ched


Author's Note

Jackielyn Ched
I wrote this in response to Wordpress' Daily Prompt, "But No Cigar" but thought I'd share it with you all, too. Please, feel free to voice your opinion on my work. I welcome all sorts of critique. Thank you for stopping by!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

91 Views
Added on March 27, 2015
Last Updated on March 27, 2015
Tags: love, lost love, heartbreak

Author

Jackielyn Ched
Jackielyn Ched

Manila, Philippines



About
Jackielyn Ched. 28. Female. Manila, Philippines. A Writer, SEO specialist, and a Team Leader for Optfirst. I am also the show notes writer at OncePodcast.com My personal blog is http://danceempress.. more..

Writing
ILY ILY

A Poem by Jackielyn Ched