IKE...

IKE...

A Story by Dancer
"

this is a copy of a paper i had to write for yearbook about ike...

"

Ike.. What can we say? It’s almost like going to see Hello Dolly and when you get there you find out that you’re playing Dolly. Ike hit us in the face, Texas that is. Ike went through and ripped up all people hold dear. He took homes, communities, and the thought of a safe haven for lots and lots of people.

 I was one of the lucky one's and I was also not quite in the luck sector for Ike don’t worry I’ll explain.

 My mom was so lucky; she only lost some shingles and the carpet in the front room, which she and my step dad promptly ripped out glad for a reason to replace it. My dad on the other hand fell out of luck a year after the divorce.

 Where to start? Oh how about here! My fathers house is currently minus carpet, 3/4 of his shingles, and the roof and doorways are falling in, in a few rooms. No big right I mean it's not a problem that the baseboards and wallpaper is falling off or that he had to lend my sister money that he needed for repairs because her apartment complex was destroyed via mold.

So yeah I really don't know what he's going to do because to top it all off he had a heart attack in February and is hopefully going to get a bypass for xmas but no big deal. I mean insurance will help out and then there is still the deductible to pay but whatever right?

 

© 2008 Dancer


Author's Note

Dancer
please critique anything you can find thank you XD

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
Added on September 28, 2008
Last Updated on October 11, 2008

Author

Dancer
Dancer

Writing
Hollow Sasha Hollow Sasha

A Book by Dancer


chapter 1 chapter 1

A Chapter by Dancer


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Dancer