Blue to Red

Blue to Red

A Poem by Lizzy I

Twisted, distorted dizziness
A path down to destruction
The pain burns electrically
As you trace the corruption
The moments you spend in awe
Following that blue wonder
From path to path
Vein to vein
There is no way
To escape the blame
Try to run
From all the pain 
As you cut that blue wonder
That now becomes
Red as sunset

© 2011 Lizzy I


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sounds like your cutting your wrist? In saying that I mean to say it was very descriptive. I liked it and will look forward to reading more.

Posted 12 Years Ago


The lure of the razor is all too morbid and real! It's difficult, hard to understand, and yet there it is; you can never simply laugh it away or forget about it or trust it to heal itself. People try to forget their misery and emotional pain by hiding and seeking shelter in physical pain, or by finding release and forgetfulness in it--hence the razor and cutting (or in more extreme cases, suicide by slit wrists.) I love the way this poem describes it without being too gross or sickening on the stomach--it addresses the problem, let's people who don't suffer from cutting know about it, and yet it doesn't put people off their lunch and make them go read something else. That takes a good degree of skill in itself for any writer, even Edgar Allen Poe. I think Poe would've liked this one a lot; and I don't mean that in a negative way. Nicely penned :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is a sparse description of an ugly reality. Understood why it happens, but some very nice writing:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Forgot to say it was the title that pulled me in. Having read the poem I now think the title is really strong.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Life is sometimes strange in the way it drives us to do these things to ourselves. It is as if we must see it, show it to itself alomst, be close to its transitory flow, to know it the more. Perhaps we want to scream at it for how it makes us feel. And then there is curiosity, too, I suppose. Ach, it is a hard thing to contemplate. But I think the key word is 'pain'. The pain must be strong to drive anyone to seek this sort of release. But pain is part of life, so i suppose it is really not too surprising. I can't say I enjoyed the reading of this, but it is definitely well written. You capture the moment really well and the poem is well executed. Not one spare word!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

289 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 16, 2011
Last Updated on December 16, 2011

Author

Lizzy I
Lizzy I

Easton, PA



About
eccentric, and fun loving girl sixteen years old :) loves animals, especially dogs loves to dance, sing ,act ,and write i love to write poetry, it helps me express myself and get rid of all the ne.. more..

Writing
Shattered Shattered

A Poem by Lizzy I


Unattainable Unattainable

A Poem by Lizzy I



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Black Widow Black Widow

A Poem by Muse


Sugar and Sun Sugar and Sun

A Poem by Muse