All Over it

All Over it

A Poem by Daniielle7
"

over it all

"

A sharp cold metal knife pierces the skin on my back and slices through.

Warm scarlet red blood seeps from the gash and it’s a moment of déjà vu.

The pain is so severe my vision clouds over and the room spins;

The pain is so severe I can’t decide where the ground ends and sky begins.

And in that very moment all I can focus on is the pain.

And it’s hard to contain the screams from my lips as you fumble to restrain

My mixed emotions with your heavy chains and carry on with your campaign as you pull out the propane and smile one last time with disdain all the while still sipping your champaign of broken promises and smothered dreams.

Without a thought, or all the thought in the world, the match ignites a storm of fire,

And my skin begins to perspire as I realize I’m down to the wire to express any last desire that could be a cease-fire or an amplifier.

Words gush from my soul and fill the air as I lock eyes with you in despair,

yet some how I escape from our love affair.

And for a while my hair still smells like smoke and pain still pierces through my  back to my soul and I think I will never again get the fire under control.

But as the months past the image grows dull and I can hardly remember your face,

yet I try to retrace the memories to use as fuel for my own fire.

But at last the smoke has cleared and I see you were always a liar.

Isn’t funny how memories fade but your vision becomes sharper and clear?

Isn’t it funny how severe pain and feelings disappear?

Isn’t it funny how love is the engineer to our reality and the way things appear?

© 2019 Daniielle7


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Jesus f*****g christ you're kinda dark. Not in a bad way.

You should probably break up the middle lines... like the one that starts with "My mixed emotions...." and "And my skin begins to perspire...."....

Break that s**t up and re form the flow. It's already pretty good writing and I think that it would make this slightly better writing.

But I could be wrong, I smoke a lot of grass on Sundays.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

To the last three - No it isn't, but it is quite real and a way most people deal.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Jesus f*****g christ you're kinda dark. Not in a bad way.

You should probably break up the middle lines... like the one that starts with "My mixed emotions...." and "And my skin begins to perspire...."....

Break that s**t up and re form the flow. It's already pretty good writing and I think that it would make this slightly better writing.

But I could be wrong, I smoke a lot of grass on Sundays.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

48 Views
2 Reviews
Added on September 6, 2019
Last Updated on September 6, 2019
Tags: heartbreak, broken heart, heart, love, pain, anguish, dating, relationship

Author

Daniielle7
Daniielle7

PA



About
I tend to reach for the stars, for lack of better words. My hopes are too high and my dreams are too big according to societal ways. And if there is one thing I've learned throughout my life it's not .. more..

Writing