Only One Way to Rebound from a Break-Up…Dance!

Only One Way to Rebound from a Break-Up…Dance!

A Story by Danny Hogan
"

You just broke up. Ugh. What do you do next? Step 1: Avoid Contact. Change Facebook status to single, beef up privacy controls, remove photos of you and ex together, and block his number on your phone

"

You just broke up. Ugh. What do you do next? Step 1: Avoid Contact. Change Facebook status to single, beef up privacy controls, remove photos of you and ex together, and block his number on your phone (out of sight �" out of mind). Step 2: Round up your closest friends and make them take you shopping so you can buy the hottest shape-hugging dress you can squeeze into with the highest heels you can rock without breaking your ankles. Step 3: Dance. Your. Butt. Off.

 

Here are the perfect spots to help you shake out the remaining remnants from your former coupled self. Now go have some fun �" you definitely need it!

 

Where: New York

What: Greenhouse

Late night dance party: check. Most sustainably green club in the city: check. Hundreds of statuesque gay men complimenting you on your shoes: check. Wipe away the remaining tears, because Greenhouse in SoHo is beckoning. Dance till 4am and forget what’s-his-name ever happened. If only every night could be a Greenhouse night.

 

Where: Los Angeles

What: Beacher’s Madhouse

If there’s anything that will make you forget your ex, it’s going to be Beacher’s Madhouse in the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel where Oompah Loompah’s fly through the air delivering bottle service, Big Bird and Gumby get freaky, and a 6’7” giant woman with tassels will make everything you own feel like a size zero. Grab a big group of girls, reserve a table, and find a new meaning to ‘Tickle-Me-Elmo’ (yes, he’s there too).

 

Where: Washington, DC

What: Town Danceboutique

Looking for a little sensory overload to get you over your break up? Come to Town Danceboutique where the drag show divas will strut, dance, and pull you on stage until they’ve wiped your ex from your memory. Grab a big group and get involved in the bi-weekly shows and then dance till your feet hurt in various rooms throughout the club.

© 2012 Danny Hogan


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

212 Views
Added on August 15, 2012
Last Updated on August 15, 2012