First Night

First Night

A Story by Daniel Dougherty
"

It's been a while since I wrote something, but I honestly enjoyed writing this a lot, so I thought I would rear back and write more here.

"
The sun crept back into hiding, and the moon was content to take its place. But it was not the moon that held my attention, for it was the stars. To my surprise, they did not have arms, legs, nor a head! And if I could count, I feel it would be tiresome to count stars, for there were ever so many. It was then that my ravenous hunger overtook me, and I felt the urge to cry in order to belay the message. But as I saw the size of the place, I realized how there was so much ahead of me. The crying was for later.

© 2013 Daniel Dougherty


Author's Note

Daniel Dougherty
Please review harshly and constructively so that I may improve.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I'd say give some more thought to your word-choices (maybe "the sun creeps back into hiding, the moon contented to take its place"; the inclusion of "rather impulsively" is a little confusing -- btw, "it's" is a contraction of "it is"; I think you mean "its"). I like the style, it's distinctive.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The "for it was" and "for there" seem out of place and kind of clunky. I do like where you are going with this.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Edited based on criteria by tworeeler. Thank you.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I'd say give some more thought to your word-choices (maybe "the sun creeps back into hiding, the moon contented to take its place"; the inclusion of "rather impulsively" is a little confusing -- btw, "it's" is a contraction of "it is"; I think you mean "its"). I like the style, it's distinctive.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

242 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 9, 2013
Last Updated on November 23, 2013