Devil May Cry: Requiem

Devil May Cry: Requiem

A Story by Dante Walker
"

Dante Walker alongside Satan... only one can stop him... his brother: Allen Walker

"

Devil May Cry: Requiem

 

            The seeds of Satan have been planted.  Deaths and disasters plagued the land, and there were sightings of frightening and strange creatures throughout Earth.  Wherever these beings were sighted, deaths were sure to follow.  Their leader was known, but rarely seen: Dante Walker.  But there is hope for humanity… and it comes in the form of a 17 year old, named Allen Walker, brother of Dante.

 

              It all started three years ago when their parents died. 

            “Why?” Dante screamed at the sky.

            A silky voice sounded behind him.  “Would you like to see them again?”

            Dante whirled around, to see a man, tall, thin, and balding, his eyes were red.  “Who are you?” he asked quietly.

            “I am known by many names Lucifer, the Spirit of Lies.  Now I’ll ask again: do you want to see them again?”

            Dante sank to his knees, “Yes, I would do anything to see them again…”

            “Anything? Hmm… would you lead my hordes across the earth?”

            Dante thought about this, “Then you are…”

            “Yes Dante, you can call me Lucifer.  For millennia I have waited for one powerful enough to lead my horde, and you see, we can make a deal: You lead my hordes, and when I am lord over Earth, you can have your parents back.”

            Dante wanted to say no, he knew it was wrong, but then he thought about his parents, and said yes.  Lucifer, looked at him, and started to laugh, a cold ominous laugh, and then vanished.

            At first Dante was nervous, and tried to stop the demons from causing too much havoc.  But eventually he took up the mantle as Lucifer’s top general, and life as we once knew it was over, but in some dark secret corner of Dante’s mind, rebellion against Lucifer, stirred.

 

            As Allen Walker, tall and broad shouldered,      climbed onto the balcony, and surveyed the sea.  How he hated the sea, always moving never staying still.  He sighed again, and made his way to his room.  One of the last places demons’s had not yet invaded: Sydney was the home to about 300 people, the only ones left, after The Great Invasion.  However, when he got to his room, he decided that he really didn’t want to be there.  All of them had been staying in their bunkers, terrified that demons would swoop down, and devour them.  But nevertheless, he decided to take a quick run down the beach. 

Allen followed the coastline, watching the picturesque sunset.  Suddenly it started to rain, a thick, pouring rain that soon had his white hair plastered down against his skull.  Looking around for some shelter, he spied a cave that he hadn’t noticed before.  He thought about this, there could be demon’s cave, but despite this fact 5 seconds later he was inside the cave. 

A sudden temperature drop had Allen instantly vigilant.  From the few encounters with demons that he’d had in the past, he knew, wherever a demon was, cold temperatures were always there.  He glanced around him to look for something to defend himself with but found nothing except for a few rocks.  He hefted them, and was ready to throw them when a calm, educated-sounding voice spoke:

“Ahhmm, Allen, I have been waiting for you.”

Scared, but also a little curious, Allen asked: “How do you know my name?”

“Allen, three years ago I was the top general in Lucifer’s army.  Then your brother came along, and I was cast aside.  Since then, I have been waiting for you to give you these, to help overthrow Lucifer… and your brother.”  The demon stepped out of the shadows, and Allen realized with a start that it was he that humans referred to as the Rabbit.  In his hands, he held a wicked looking sword, with a skull engraved onto the hilt.  “Its name is Devil Bringer, for it has cast many demons back to Hell.”  As Allen took it, he felt a surge of power rush into him    

“I have one more gift for you, Allen.”

The Rabbit reached into the depths of his cloak and pulled out two pistols, one a flaming crimson, the other a bluish-white.  As Allen took them into his hands, he felt like they belonged here. 

“Ahhhhhmmmm, their names are Flame, and Ice.  I made them to imitate Lucifer’s: Ebony and Ivory.  But what you do with these gifts makes them how powerful they really are.  Goodbye, Allen” And with a puff of smoke, vanished.

Allen returned to his room, packed his bags, and left.  He traveled all around the world, slaying demons wherever he saw them.  With the gifts Rabbit had given him, he became a one-man-army.  Bound to save the world… or die trying.  But with each demon Allen killed, his heart sank, because he knew at the end, he would have to kill his brother Dante…

A few months after he had been given his gifts, Allen finally found his brother.

            With a quick look left and right, Allen strode across the street, but before he even had crossed half the street, he heard a familiar voice:

            “It’s about time, brother…”

            That voice could only belong to Dante.

            As a whistling sound cut through the air, Allen reached into his cloak and unsheathed Devil Bringer.  With a resounding clang, the two blades met.  Then they both shot back.  They shot back together with a burst of speed that shut with a bang.  As the battle continued neither of them could gain the advantage.  They would keep slashing at each other, only getting in a few slashes before the other pressed the attack.  This went on for a little while, then Dante slashed to the side which Allen blocked, and threw an uppercut, which landed squarely on Allen’s jaw.  Dante quickly reached into his waistband and pulled out Ebony, put it to Allen’s head and cocked the trigger…

            “Do you know why I’m doing this brother?” Dante asked.

            “Do you think I do?  You were always the one that wanted peace, never war… you always said that Lucifer was your enemy, you went to church every Sunday!”

            Do you remember when our parents died?” Dante asked.

            “How could I forget?” Allen replied

            “Well, that day, Lucifer appeared in front of me, and offered to bring them back, and I said yes…”

            Allen looked around slowly, and saw that Dante was crying.  He made as if to get up. 

            A silky voice said: “Dante, what do you think you’re doing?”

            They both whirled to see Lucifer, standing in the middle of the street.  He pointed to Ebony:

            “I gave you that to kill, so kill him!”

            Dante looked from Allen, to Lucifer, and back again.

            “No.” he whispered.

            Lucifer’s eyes started to blaze, and where he stood began to grow crimson. 

            “What did you say?”  

            “I said no, you twisted snake.” Dante said, pulling Allen to his feet, and pulling out Ivory.

            “Such a pity,” Lucifer sighed “and I thought you wanted your parents back.”

            “I do, I just don’t think that they would particularly admire me for selling my soul to you to bring them back.” While Dante was saying this, Allen pulled out Devil Bringer, and Flame. 

            “Well, then I guess you’ll join them… in HELL!”  Lucifer shot up into the sky and started to rain down fireballs at the two brothers. 

            They both shot off in different directions: Allen off to the left, while Dante rushed straight at Lucifer.  Dante fired both Ebony and Ivory at Lucifer, unleashing the full might of Lucifer’s own weapons against him.  But Lucifer just hung there, absorbing the firepower, and then crossed his arms, flung them both out, and all the bullets Dante had fired at him flew straight back at him.  Dante caught in midair, couldn’t dodge, and got caught full blast in the chest, flinging him down to the ground, where blood poured out of him.  Allen rushed over.

            “Come on Dante, not now.”  Allen sobbed.

            “Hey, don’t… you dare start crying now…” Dante gasped.  “Brother, this is as far as I go, the rest… is up to you.” and with this final statement, Dante Walker died. 

           Allen began to tremble, all the pent up fury beginning to seep outward, then the whole street exploded into white light.  Even Lucifer had to cover his eyes lest they be burnt.  When the light finally subsided, the whole street was gone.

            Devil Bringer, Flame, Ice, Ebony and Ivory had all disappeared, in their place was Allen, his right arm gone, replaced by a giant white arm.  It was powerfully muscled, and in the center of his palm was a cross. 

            “Lucifer, you’re going down!” Allen shouted

            With that statement Allen jumped into the sky, grabbed Lucifer and with his new arm threw him to the ground, where an even bigger crater formed.  But Allen gave him no rest.  He came down with a bang, and started punching Lucifer repeatedly.  After 30 seconds of this, Lucifer, pushed Allen off, and stumbled, then fell.  He disappeared with these final words to Allen:

            “This isn’t over Allen Walker!”

            As Lucifer vanished, a great wind swept across the Earth, sending all the demons back.  The war was over.  But Earth was changed, there was hardly anyone left, and cities were practically destroyed.  The survivors led by Allen, sought out other survivors, and tried to rebuild the Earth back to how it was.  But there would always be a scar in Allen’s heart, where Dante now wasn’t

 

The End

© 2008 Dante Walker


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
Added on December 18, 2008

Author

Dante Walker
Dante Walker

Princeton, NJ



Writing
Someone Someone

A Poem by Dante Walker